Join TSR now and chat with students like youSign up now

Unsubscribing from community messages? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arkasia)
    Why not have an opt-in? For the two dozens or so people who actually pretend the MHoC is anything more than an online ego-trip or meaningless exercise in measuring each others' ignorance, then a mailing list should be offered, and this includes PMs. That should be pretty simple, no? The only other alternative is offering the same thing to each other group on TSR, which would mean bi-annual PMs from the CT asking everyone sitewide to vote for Arsenal's player of the year, among the hundreds of other groups.
    Entirely this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kittiara)
    I am not, no. The Community Team are. Mods are volunteers. The CT are staff.

As said, that is up to the CT. Sometimes they send mass-PMs. I receive some as well that I have no interest in. Doesn't annoy me, but I can understand that it might annoy others.

Not really. I know that we're the geeky corner of TSR. Well, there's the MUN of course. As said, I just wanted to reassure the OP that they should have peace and quiet from us for a while. As to messages stopping completely, that is out of my hands. So it was the most I could do at this moment in time.

Wasn't trying to.
    Hmm...

I just want to clarify here; I have no problem with people playing pretend. I am myself enjoy geeky subcultures that other people would probably raise an eyebrow at; I'd never deny people from doing it and I've never used words to express a pejorative opinion of those that enjoy it. However, my objection is purely that it is:
    A) given undue and disproportionate special treatment
    B) marketed to the broadest audience when the vast vast vast majority of recipients don't remotely give a ****

I don't recall a sitewide PM for the LARPers of TSR, or for them having a series of subforums, special user groups, special moderation powers and regular sitewide PMs. (And in a less extreme example, @Arkasia was totally on point with the football forum example.)
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kittiara)
    Not really. I know that we're the geeky corner of TSR. Well, there's the MUN of course. As said, I just wanted to reassure the OP that they should have peace and quiet from us for a while. As to messages stopping completely, that is out of my hands. So it was the most I could do at this moment in time.
    You're not the geeky corner, you're the drama corner who happen to be favoured by TSR.

ReputationRep:
    Why not have an opt-in? For the two dozens or so people who actually pretend the MHoC is anything more than an online ego-trip or meaningless exercise in measuring each others' ignorance, then a mailing list should be offered, and this includes PMs. That should be pretty simple, no? The only other alternative is offering the same thing to each other group on TSR, which would mean bi-annual PMs from the CT asking everyone sitewide to vote for Arsenal's player of the year, among the hundreds of other groups.
    I like this idea tbh. I dont really care for the MHoC stuff - I dont vote in the TSR elections tbh, but of course some people do. Now if the CT want to implement that, that's a different matter entirely!

You're not the geeky corner, you're the drama corner who happen to be favoured by TSR.
    Let's not get in to nasty territory here! Sure that in itself wasn't nasty, but yknow keep the peace and what not
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Internet)
    I like this idea tbh. I dont really care for the MHoC stuff - I dont vote in the TSR elections tbh, but of course some people do. Now if the CT want to implement that, that's a different matter entirely!

Let's not get in to nasty territory here! Sure that in itself wasn't nasty, but yknow keep the peace and what not
    Alright, I'll try.

Poll
How are you feeling about your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.