Join TSR now and chat with students like youSign up now

Who else think that Humans are stupid compared to animals? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by parrot16)
    But not smart enough to stop what we are doing...
    Would that be smart though?

The problem we'd then have is where do we get all the stuff from if we suddenly stop what we're currently doing to get stuff. Let's break it down:
    1. Firstly, we think that it is fine to destroy the environment, by spraying crops, and overusing natural resources etc...
    Say we stop doing that, where do we get our natural resources and decent crops from? Need a long transition to better methods in order to stop doing damage, if we suddenly just went "nah we don't need to fertilize crops or gather metal" then we'd have a serious issue maintaining the infrastructures we currently have.

We also think we are smarter than nature because we want to mess with nature and think that it is Ok e.g:genetic engineering.
    Genetic engineering research could potentially allow us to cure many problematic genetic diseases and make better foods. Messing with nature in such a way is fine as long as it's used in a moral way i.e we don't genetically engineer things to kill people.

We think that there is no consequences in destroying the whole planet
    We know their are, but as I've stated we can't just stop. We need to gradually transition to more sustainable and less destructive methods.

We don't know that the more we turn against nature the more nature turns against us.
    Same as the previous point, I suppose...

We don't know how to stop destroying nature whereas animals are a part of the ecosystem and don't do any harm to nature
    Cow farts contribute to global warming. I don't think the cows realise this. Also, we know how to stop destroying nature, but we can't just do that without losing all of humanities greatest achievements, buildings and electricity and so forth. Gradual transition etc etc I'm repeating the same thing again...

We think that we can do what we want to the planet without consequences and experiment on it as much as we want.
    No, we know it's bad. You wouldn't know if other humans didn't know. Experimenting can be quite good though, it can let us do more good stuff in the future.

We think it is fine to play God
    According to my glorious GCSE RE education, God was omnibenevolent, (All-loving) omnipotent (all-powerful), omniscient (all knowing) and omnipresent (Bloomin everywhere. At the same time.)

We see being all good as a good thing, everybody loves charities. We're not omnipotent, if we were then we'd have fixed the damage we've been causing with relative ease. We do try to know more and more all the time, which could be seen as trying to play omniscient God, but I fail to see how that's a bad thing. As for omnipresent... well we're not capable of that. And it would be weird if I was everywhere at once IMO.

We are making other animals extinct
    Natural selection does tend to do that. We do have conservation stuff in place to try to make the effects of this less bad, again as part of gradually transitioning to more nice stuff as I've mentioned time and time again.

I hope this has let you understand some stuff.

ReputationRep:
    1. Firstly, we think that it is fine to destroy the environment, by spraying crops, and overusing natural resources etc...
    2. We also think we are smarter than nature because we want to mess with nature and think that it is Ok e.g:genetic engineering.
    3. We think that there is no consequences in destroying the whole planet
    4. We don't know that the more we turn against nature the more nature turns against us.
    5. We don't know how to stop destroying nature whereas animals are a part of the ecosystem and don't do any harm to nature.
    6. We think that we can do what we want to the planet without consequences and experiment on it as much as we want.
    7. We think it is fine to play God
    8. We are making other animals extinct
    All animals exhibit similar behaviours. We are the only ones for which there are such extreme consequences for the rest of the world.

Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.