Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    I have just received my form back from the doctors to send back to uni. I start this September. But now I'm worried because it shows that I was slightly depressed in 2011 and was given medication. It was after the death of my mother and I got the tablets but didn't take them. Will having this on my form make any difference to my application? I know it was a long time ago but I'm a born worrier about things like this! Xx
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    you should be fine, it s perfectly normal to experience depression after a death and since you ve recovered from it and had no problem since theres nothing for you to worry about, you could explain what you ve said here to the occupational health person at your appointment or write it on your form.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks I might put it at the bottom of my form, think I have to go for another appointment.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sarah-ann87)
    Hi,
    I have just received my form back from the doctors to send back to uni. I start this September. But now I'm worried because it shows that I was slightly depressed in 2011 and was given medication. It was after the death of my mother and I got the tablets but didn't take them. Will having this on my form make any difference to my application? I know it was a long time ago but I'm a born worrier about things like this! Xx
    Don't worry, as far as I know, as long as you've been off tables for 6 or 12 months (can't remember which) they usually don't have a problem with it. If you were currently undergoing treatment for it then they may have asked you to defer or reapply the following year when you were better. Considering 1 in 6 people at any given time can be suffering from a mental health issue, it will most likely show up on other peoples occy health form.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sarah-ann87)
    Hi,
    Hi , I was so worried for similar reasons, I had a previous mental health condition in 2013/2014 but I had my occupational health checks this week and got course clearance with no problem so I'm sure It will be no problem

Poll
How are you feeling about your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.