Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi all,

I have my interview for English Secondary PGCE on the 20th May. Feeling prepared, but still incredibly nervous (as expected.. I guess!)

Are there any others that have been accepted onto the course already? Any tips?

I've been sent an educational article as the basis of a written task to be completed on the day, and I've also been told there's a 1-to-1 and group interview.

Thanks!!

ReputationRep:
    I passed interview and got conditional offer (need to complete 10 days school experience.

I watched pgce interviews on youtube before interview and it helped me a lot.

ReputationRep:
    Why do you want to be a teacher?
    Why do you choose Secondary instead of Primary?
    Why do you want to teach English/subjects?
    You need to prepare for these questions as they are typical questions?

ReputationRep:
    Hi syhtun,

Was this for Edge Hill? Did you have a group interview as well as a 1-to-1 interview?

I'm bogging myself down trying to over familiarise myself with the new curriculum, and current educational issues, but I think they're only going to ask me to shed light on a few things that I've read...

Did they ask you about these?

Thanks for your help

ReputationRep:
    I was with Brighton Uni for Secondary Computer Science. No group interview. Only individual interview and had presentation in front of group and panel. Yes they asked me about curriculum and current issues for computer science education.
    I also had written task. They gave the article (not prior to interview date) and 2 written tasks for questions related to that article. It looks assessing reading and writing skills.
    If you get Article prior to interview date, its good for you.

ReputationRep:
    Please also note there are common questions for PGCE interview regardless different University.So prepare for those common questions.

Basically you need to know your subjects very well and familiar with curriculum and current educational issues, especially for your subject area.

ReputationRep:
    Http://www.kent.ac.uk/careers/interviews/ivteaching.htm

You can find common questions via above link.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.