Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    I've seen on the UCL Prospective Students page that they cater for a lot of international students, but could I study there and then do maybe a term or two abroad in the USA for example?
    • Community Assistant
    • Very Important Poster
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Check here to see what study abroad options are available for your department.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Snufkin)
    Check here to see what study abroad options are available for your department.
    One thing that has confused me is if it is still possible to study abroad if I am not on the study abroad programme? e.g. I will be studying Economics but not Economics with a year abroad. So I won't be able to do the departmental exchanges but can I still do Erasmus??
    • Community Assistant
    • Very Important Poster
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Username13)
    One thing that has confused me is if it is still possible to study abroad if I am not on the study abroad programme? e.g. I will be studying Economics but not Economics with a year abroad. So I won't be able to do the departmental exchanges but can I still do Erasmus??
    You will certainly be able to study abroad in Europe; everyone has access to the Erasmus year abroad scheme. Whether or not you could go to the US, you'd have to ask the department. I think US/Canadian/Asian/Australian year abroad placements are reserved for people on the "with year abroad" degrees, although it may be possible to transfer into the Economics with year abroad degree if you maintain very good grades in your first and second year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Snufkin)
    You will certainly be able to study abroad in Europe; everyone has access to the Erasmus year abroad scheme. Whether or not you could go to the US, you'd have to ask the department. I think US/Canadian/Asian/Australian year abroad placements are reserved for people on the "with year abroad" degrees, although it may be possible to transfer into the Economics with year abroad degree if you maintain very good grades in your first and second year.
    Oh thanks, I was so worried I wouldn't even be able to do Erasmus, so relieved. Thanks

Poll
How are you feeling about your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.