Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

OCR history AS Level Mid Tudor Crises 1536 - 68 (F963/01) Help!!! Watch

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have any tips on how to do decently in this paper? My source skills suck a metaphorical phallus.

Someone send help I am losing my mind

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by raspberr1es)
    Does anyone have any tips on how to do decently in this paper? My source skills suck a metaphorical phallus.

Heya, I'm going to put this in the History forum for you as you should get more responses there.

You should also check out the forum to see if there's any other threads there which might be helpful to you!

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=141

ReputationRep:
    Any predictions?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    My teacher says if he was a betting man he'd go with ministers and factions

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WinterApproaches)
    My teacher says if he was a betting man he'd go with ministers and factions
    Thanks for letting me know!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Community Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arsenal1471)
    Thanks for letting me know!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    When is your exam? I'd like to add it to our list of exams threads

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by She-Ra)
    When is your exam? I'd like to add it to our list of exams threads
    It's tomorrow!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by raspberr1es)

prob wont be extremely helpful, but:
    70 marker
    Group the sources according to different themes (you have probably heard that so much by now), sustain thgroup, avoid ever talking about one source at a time, otherwise it looks like stock evaluation and you cant get more than a C.
    even though it isAS level and we are meant to have our own sort of structure, try to have you topic sentence, followed by a point, then analysis and maybe evaluation.
    don't discredit a source just becauseof who it is written by, for exmple: just because a protestant talks about mary burning people, does not mean that they ar wrong, sure they have a vested interest to put catholics in a bad light, but we know mary burnt over 200 people so show the examiner what they know.

cant think of anything else right now and I am really awful at the 30 marker lol

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone still struggling with timing

ReputationRep:
    How did everyone find it??

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trad1998)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Bad

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arsenal1471)
    Bad

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Which part didn't you like??

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    it was just too specific and groupings were hard

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I think I interpreted the question wrong, what did it mean by "responsible for fall of royal favour" ?!?!?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kitttsy)
    I think I interpreted the question wrong, what did it mean by "responsible for fall of royal favour" ?!?!?!
    I think it meant, how did faction make people basically loose their position in court/ no longer supported by other ministers/ no longer liked by the monarch. Thats what I was thinking?

How did you group the sources, I think I messed up source B with Cromwell, I said that it didn't support the interpretation but now I think it did

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by studdybuddy101)
    I think it meant, how did faction make people basically loose their position in court/ no longer supported by other ministers/ no longer liked by the monarch. Thats what I was thinking?

How did you group the sources, I think I messed up source B with Cromwell, I said that it didn't support the interpretation but now I think it did
    I grouped A, B and E then C and D. I talked about the power of factions and how they posed a threat to royal power... So I ****ed up :/

ReputationRep:
    Thank you student97. Advice was sound.

Anywho... that exam? That could've gone better.

May have truly bodged it due to getting confused about who tf the admiral was in source D.

Also could not for the life of me find a disagreement between sources A and B. Sheesh.

Hope everyone else found it okay, and the rest of your exams go splendidly folks xxx

Poll
How are you feeling about your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.