Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

Economics Unit 2 Edexcel - Managing the UK economy Tuesday 19th May 2015 (PM) Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yaya sanogo)
    doesn't stop them from bringing it up again though, it could be supply side policies to solve a specific type of problem
    i really hope you're right, supply side policies are a blessing

ReputationRep:
    these are a bit extensive but should help! ahah http://beta.tutor2u.net/economics/bl...-term-glossary

ReputationRep:
    haha i need to go over a lot of the content again tbh, but hopefully, I put some definitions above btw, forgot to do it as a reply
    (Original post by Achint10)
    i really hope you're right, supply side policies are a blessing

ReputationRep:
    these are a bit extensive but should help! ahah http://beta.tutor2u.net/economics/bl...-term-glossary
    Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nijuuninichi)
    IDK is amazing! He posted an exam technique video for unit 2 today if any of you are interested.

He mentions including externalities diagrams, and I've never heard of anyone including those in a Unit 2 exam before. Has anyone ever done this? I can't even think about how you'd get one in!
    Hi all,

Thanks for the kind comments! Just a quick note on that video- I've grabbed the first 4:30 from my unit 1 video, hence the reference to externalities! I've annotated the video within the last hour, apologies for the confusion!

My unit 2 evaluation video will be uploaded within a couple of day.

Tom (IDK-tuition.com, free online economics videos and resources)

ReputationRep:
    Is it just me who find the 10 or 14 marker actually harder than the 30 one?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by prepdream)
    Is it just me who find the 10 or 14 marker actually harder than the 30 one?
    Me too, this is because you might find it hard evaluating the data and applying to the case study, usually a 30 marker is generic and requires generic analysis and evaluation that you can learn from a textbook

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by member1753327)
    Me too, this is because you might find it hard evaluating the data and applying to the case study, usually a 30 marker is generic and requires generic analysis and evaluation that you can learn from a textbook
    Yeah, like sometimes I actually got stuck on them. Damn!
    Sometimes I don't even know how marks will be allocated.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by prepdream)
    Yeah, like sometimes I actually got stuck on them. Damn!
    Sometimes I don't even know how marks will be allocated.
    to be honest, theres still a lot of time to polish up on exam technique don't worry!

ReputationRep:
    I find the questions harder to understand on unit 2, I can never work out exactly what it is they are looking for -_-

tbh I prefer a monetary policy one, supply side I struggle with sometimes. Also, where is the line drawn between some supply side that are also fiscal??

ReputationRep:
    to be honest, theres still a lot of time to polish up on exam technique don't worry!
    Yeah I hope so. It is always like that for me after I stop learning something for a while. Like I was pretty good at Unit 1, and then somehow stuck after learning Unit 2. I started revising for it again without learning anything for Unit 2; as a result, Unit 1 became pretty fine and once again, stuck on Unit 2.
    Actually stressed now

ReputationRep:
    I am revising macroeconomic policy instruments and just wondering which one (D Side or S Side policies) is more likely to come up
    I am really depending on unit 2 to bring up my marks since ik I failed unit 1 :'(
    heeeeelpppp

actually both might come up by discussing conflict? but which one does edexcel favour? or should I just revise both of them equally and stop being lazy

ReputationRep:
    Any questions on course content or things, like any concepts, questions, feel free to ask me xx

ReputationRep:
    any thoughts on what the 30 markers will be on?

ReputationRep:
    maybe on how a policy cause conflict in macro economics objectives,benefits of economic growth or problems with unemployment-havent really seen those mostly previous papers have supply side alot...maybe something on demand side policies?

ReputationRep:
    Attention, offering free phone consultation, please ring me as im a teacher with lots of experience 07530 524175

ReputationRep:
    Srsly ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ryandonald)
    Attention, offering free phone consultation, please ring me as im a teacher with lots of experience 07530 524175
    This a troll, do not call or you will waste your time. I understand if his shiт was actually funny, but this dude is just plain retardеd

ReputationRep:
    What did he say x

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shakaykay)
    I am revising macroeconomic policy instruments and just wondering which one (D Side or S Side policies) is more likely to come up
    I am really depending on unit 2 to bring up my marks since ik I failed unit 1 :'(
    heeeeelpppp

actually both might come up by discussing conflict? but which one does edexcel favour? or should I just revise both of them equally and stop being lazy
    i heard supply side will be a 30 markers, however just make sure you fully understand how achieving one macroeconomic objective may hinder the progress of another. This is a really tricky part of the spec to explain under time pressures

Poll
How are you feeling about your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.