Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

Economics Unit 2 Edexcel - Managing the UK economy Tuesday 19th May 2015 (PM) Watch

ReputationRep:
    Question 1 lot
    For the question that said about what information can the MPC use, do u talk about the the two figures given...the savings ratio and the gdp growth????

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jemy)
    Was the question about the conflicts created by demand side policies or the macroeconomic conflicts by demand side policies? Because I did the latter....

If so, would I still score something okay? I evaluated demand side policies conflicts with inflation, balance of payments and the environment...
    What did you write?

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone remember what the Q1 thirty market actually was

Thanks From Bevs

ReputationRep:
    For the Question 1 30 Marker, does REMOVING any remaining QE count as a valid demand-side monetary policy?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by badaman)
    Yeah decent too! Glad its over tbh.
    Yeah, I will not touch my Economics books and files for a while till September I guess.

ReputationRep:
    Nah it was how demand side policies would LEAD to macroeconomic policies so you would have explain the policy and state which macroeconomic objective it fulfilled and then say which it conflicted then evaluate...
    (Original post by prepdream)
    What did you write?

What I did was.

Talk about how demand side policies can cause inflation and as such be a conflict to inflation and evaluated that in depth.

Then talked about demand side policies and the current account deficit and how that conflicts with getting a surplus.

Finally then I talked about the environment and demand side policies due to the creation of growth and higher demand.

How many marks do you think I will be able to scrap because of that?

ReputationRep:
    The highest it has been for an A is 65. However, the smaller questions away from the thirty marker were slightly easier. So I predict 63/80 for an A.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Achint10)
    was the 30 marker:
    - To what extent do demand-side policies conflict with macroeconomic objectives?
    or
    -To what extent do demand-side policies lead to conflicts between macroeconomic objectives?
    The second one mate.

ReputationRep:
    So what was the wording for the first question in question 1? Did it ask for reasons why savings income changed during Quarter 3 on from Quaerter 3 and onwards?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jemy)
    What I did was.

Talk about how demand side policies can cause inflation and as such be a conflict to inflation and evaluated that in depth.

Then talked about demand side policies and the current account deficit and how that conflicts with getting a surplus.

Finally then I talked about the environment and demand side policies due to the creation of growth and higher demand.

Hmm well you are not actually saying how two macroeconomic objectives are actually conflicting...
    If you got the 6 marks for definitions (Monetary policy, Fiscal policy and stating the macroeconomic objective), you should get 6KAA.
    Maybe, depending on the extent of the analysis and evaluation, you could get 12-15KAA and 6-9EVAL meaning 18-24/30 ?
    I am not really sure though??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jemy)
    Was the question about the conflicts created by demand side policies or the macroeconomic conflicts by demand side policies? Because I did the latter....

If so, would I still score something okay? I evaluated demand side policies conflicts with inflation, balance of payments and the environment...
    Q1(E)
    I think I wrote sth about
    Contractionary Fiscal: to reduce deficit VS lowers growth
    Monetary: ^interest rates to reduce inflation VS ^in trade deficit
    Monetary: QE causing growth VS causing high inflation
    is this okay though
    But I only wrote the definition for demand-side policies not specifically fiscal and monetary whats gonna happen :\

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ifuwinuwin)
    So what was the wording for the first question in question 1? Did it ask for reasons why savings income changed during Quarter 3 on from Quaerter 3 and onwards?
    Onwards buddy

ReputationRep:
    Hmm well you are not actually saying how two macroeconomic objectives are actually conflicting...
    If you got the 6 marks for definitions (Monetary policy, Fiscal policy and stating the macroeconomic objective), you should get 6KAA.
    Maybe, depending on the extent of the analysis and evaluation, you could get 12-15KAA and 6-9EVAL meaning 18-24/30 ?
    well i said that if they use contractionary or expansionary it will conflict with macro objectives such as increased gov spending this will conflict with inflation

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jemy)
    What I did was.

Mate I did that too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jimbo1234567890)
    well i said that if they use contractionary or expansionary it will conflict with macro objectives such as increased gov spending this will conflict with inflation
    also the question said how demand side ploices conflict with marco objectives not between marco objectives

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jimbo1234567890)
    But that is not showing the conflict BETWEEN the macroeconomic objectives...

ReputationRep:
    Thanks, well at least it doesn't have to be an utter disaster, I think I did fairly good in the other question so it might just balance out. Can't believe I messed that up...

ReputationRep:
    For the 30 marker I did for q1 :
    Defined demand side policy
    Name 6 objectives
    Eco growth vs environment
    Inflation vs unemployment
    Eco growth vs inflation
    Eco growth vs inequality
    Used diagrams e.g Phillips curve and made sure I stated a demand side policy which would help achieve one objective but would clash with the others. If anyone wants me to write my essay out fully do tell

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BigManBevs)
    Mate I did that too
    yh i done that aswell

the question said how demand side policies will conflict with marco objects right and not between macro objectives like inflation and growth

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by raymondthepoon)
    For the 30 marker I did for q1 :
    Defined demand side policy
    Name 6 objectives
    Eco growth vs environment
    Inflation vs unemployment
    Eco growth vs inflation
    Eco growth vs inequality
    Used diagrams e.g Phillips curve and made sure I stated a demand side policy which would help achieve one objective but would clash with the others. If anyone wants me to write my essay out fully do tell
    Yeah i defined fiscal + monetary policy.
    Stated 6 objectives.
    Eco growth v environment.
    Eco growth v Balcance of payments.
    Inflation v Unemployment.
    Inflation v Eco growth.
    Used Phillips Curve too...

Looks like we got the same things
    and haha yeah you could DM me your essay (but how do you remember?)

Poll
How are you feeling about your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.