Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

Economics Unit 2 Edexcel - Managing the UK economy Tuesday 19th May 2015 (PM) Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Magnesium)
    What was the question again?
    it was something like how would the business investment effect the UK economy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jemy)
    Yeah I feel like eating a ****ing bullet over, I got so happy that I managed to pick up speed after the first part and was able to have 25 minutes for the 30 marker and then this crap happens. God if I didn't have math and history tomorrow I'd probably drink myself to sleep tonight. ****!
    Don't worry man You are not the only one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jimbo1234567890)
    guys im 100% sure the question said with and not between.
    Nope, asked all my mates too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Praveen101)
    Question was slightly different, it wasnt about increasing productivity but rather increasing production, therefore you had to conclude every Anylsis point by saying 'this will result in in increase in real GDP/real output not simply increase producivity, if you dont they cap you at 2/4 for every analysis for not focusing on the question"
    I did question 2 as well and I did exactly what is written above, addressed the 30 mark question as a productivity question rather than simply an increase in real output. I used exactly the same points but finished each point of with - "this will increase productivity and therefore increase real output".
    I think my points were:

Investment in education to increase the quality and quantity of schemes available e.g. apprenticeships.

Privatisation of the public sector to introduce profit incentive

Research and development

and one more which I cant really remember too well.

Ah well, not much more we can do now, just hate the timing for these economics papers... retake anyone?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by petermp)
    For the Question 1 30 Marker, does REMOVING any remaining QE count as a valid demand-side monetary policy?
    Quantative easing is when the central bank (BOE) buy back bonds from commercial banks increasing the level of lonable funds and causing the IR to fall, i don't think the opposite is possible as it would be to force banks to buy bonds? Anyway its unheard of and the opposite of QE probably has a name

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jemy)
    Yeah I feel like eating a ****ing bullet over, I got so happy that I managed to pick up speed after the first part and was able to have 25 minutes for the 30 marker and then this crap happens. God if I didn't have math and history tomorrow I'd probably drink myself to sleep tonight. ****!
    Don't worry, You still have Unit 1 or if not, you can still resit.
    Now concentrate on Maths and History. They are hard bits. I am not gonna sleep tonight because of history I guess .

ReputationRep:
    for the investment question, i talked about the investment level in 2008 was the highest because the interest rate was mucher lower therefore the cost of borrowing from banks is much lower.
    would i loss marks?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bla123)
    it was something like how would the business investment effect the UK economy
    I talked about lower economic growth which led to a balance of payments equilibrium worsening, eval was something along the lines of quality of the goods produced and something about falling unemployment but then evaluated this with the extract saying that firms were unwilling to sack workers and since unemployment is a lagging indicator, unemployment will only really fall in the long term.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AsianPersuasion6)
    for the supply side policy Q. I did income tax reduction and corporation tax reduction as 2 separate points...Would that count as 2 different points???
    Yes it would count, I also did the same. On previous supply side policy questions it has always been classed as 2 different points.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bla123)
    what did you guys write for the last 12 marker on q2?
    -A diagram showing the inward shift of both AD and AS

1) I is a component of AD, a fall in I will cause a fall in AD, this may cause a multiplied contraction in real GDP and employment

2) A fall in I will cause the productive potential of the economy to fall (AS) as goods become worn out or out of date, causing price levels and the potential level of output in the economy to fall

e/v - I is a small component of AD and other components of AD may offset if they change
    -the size of the multiplier determines the impact on final fall in real GDP

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by badaman)
    Don't worry man You are not the only one.
    (Original post by prepdream)
    Don't worry, You still have Unit 1 or if not, you can still resit.
    Now concentrate on Maths and History. They are hard bits. I am not gonna sleep tonight because of history I guess .
    I know, but I just find this freaking annoying I worked so hard and got none stop A's in all the pastpaper and then this crap. I am actually resitting this year already so no more for me, but technically speaking if I score 40-50 for the first part and then 15 at least for the 30 marker it could still easily be an B or even A so it might not be an absolute disaster, but why did it happen like that. As for Unit 1 I should have there as well B to A so I am not in a too bad situation, yet again I was hoping to ace it!

Let's see how Unit 3 & 4 turn might just do fantastic on them instead.

And @prepdream I wish best of luck tomorrow on history and maths, lets hope we both have a 'happier' conversation tomorrow

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kylemiller)
    for the investment question, i talked about the investment level in 2008 was the highest because the interest rate was mucher lower therefore the cost of borrowing from banks is much lower.
    would i loss marks?
    Yes, they expect you to have a basic knowledge about economic policies, which is quite discriminatory in fact against students from other countries but then again it is a UK exam, you would probably be awards 1/2 marks or no marks

I wrote about a fall in business confidence and a fall in consumer confidence and consumption

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Windies)
    I've never done that for any edexcel exam in my life.
    just realised that I didn't put a 'X' too, I am so worried now did you get full marks before??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Praveen101)
    Question was slightly different, it wasnt about increasing productivity but rather increasing production, therefore you had to conclude every Anylsis point by saying 'this will result in in increase in real GDP/real output not simply increase producivity, if you dont they cap you at 2/4 for every analysis for not focusing on the question"
    I did that aaha
    But there were q's about productivity
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jemy)
    I know, but I just find this freaking annoying I worked so hard and got none stop A's in all the pastpaper and then this crap. I am actually resitting this year already so no more for me, but technically speaking if I score 40-50 for the first part and then 15 at least for the 30 marker it could still easily be an B or even A so it might not be an absolute disaster, but why did it happen like that. As for Unit 1 I should have there as well B to A so I am not in a too bad situation, yet again I was hoping to ace it!

Let's see how Unit 3 & 4 turn might just do fantastic on them instead.

And @prepdream I wish best of luck tomorrow on history and maths, lets hope we both have a 'happier' conversation tomorrow
    I know. It is so stupid assessing a pupil through one exam instead of the whole studying process. Thank you and you too, let's just smash both of them

ReputationRep:
    was the first 12 marker on q2 - Effect of price level and real output of falling investment or - Effect on the price level and real output of falling investment??

ReputationRep:
    For the first 12 marker of Question 2, where it required a diagram, Would Data, A Diagram and only 1 KAA point, plus 2/3 Evaluative points be ok for full marks? Assuming the points were reasonably devloped. I couldn't think of a second KAA point, I think the question was to do with the effect of low investment on real output? I can't remember exactly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ARSHKFW)
    was the first 12 marker on q2 - Effect of price level and real output of falling investment or - Effect on the price level and real output of falling investment??
    I bloody well hope it was the effect ON price level and output

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by irMike)
    I bloody well hope it was the effect ON price level and output
    i think it is the guy who posted it earlier must have made a typo had a panic attack then lol

ReputationRep:
    I wrote about how macroeconomics objectives can conflict but didn't mention demand side policies at all! I completely forgot how many marks do you think I will lose?

Poll
Would you rather

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.