Join TSR now and get all your career questions answeredSign up now

Pleasant customers thread (not annoying customers) Watch

ReputationRep:
    Just write a story of a pleasant, happy, accepting customer ::

A man on the underground went through the disabled exit without a ticket, however, he said
    i am sorry
    it is wrong
    I won't do it again
    I lost my ticket,
    I wanted to let you know.

That's all you need to say, accept the situation, and acknowledge it.

ReputationRep:
    so there are no nice customers ?

ReputationRep:
    I had a women shove her rather ample bosom in my face and ask me if I want to go home with her as she'd really like to give me a bath.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quantex)
    I had a women shove her rather ample bosom in my face and ask me if I want to go home with her as she'd really like to give me a bath.
    hmm

interesting

ReputationRep:
    any more nice customers ?

surely some customers must behave like normal people and are aware of other people's feelings ?

ReputationRep:
    I have a lot of regular customers come into the shop, and many of them are absolutely lovely! Today I had a long discussion about baking with a sweet old lady who comes in every Sunday for a wander, and occasionally buys colouring pencils for her grandchildren (I work in a high street stationery shop).

At the moment there are a lot of people coming in for packing materials when moving house, and it's great to hear all their stories, and the majority of students love a chat- I even met one of my good friends through the shop! All in all, whilst I may be frustrated and annoyed by certain individuals, most of our customers are nice, and I love my job just for the interactions!

ReputationRep:
    The man from yesterday said that I didn't have to swallow and on top of that he gave me a coupon for Nandos.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Protégé)
    The man from yesterday said that I didn't have to swallow and on top of that he gave me a coupon for Nandos.
    good

ReputationRep:
    any more ?

ReputationRep:
    still no more ?

ReputationRep:
    My regulars! I only have about 5 of them always coming up to the first floor and it's always fun because we both give off that vibe of 'hello again!' when I serve them :P

ReputationRep:
    Those customers who put clothing back on the hanger properly with all the buttons/ties/etc done up are my favourite

ReputationRep:
    I have about 3 one i like load, they alk talk to me . They are why love my job. Or any one who talk to me. I like.

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by democracyforum)
    still no more ?
    More likely to spot a unicorn than a pleasant customer :shifty:

ReputationRep:
    Should you leave a tip in a coffee shop ?

or is it creepy and weird ?

ReputationRep:
    At the restaurant I work at, one table of 3 bought 12 bottles of Chateau de la Coste from me, and when I carried the box to their room, they gave me a £20 tip.

Happiest day is my life.

ReputationRep:
    a slowly dying thread

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by democracyforum)
    a slowly dying thread
    because no one in retail is pleasant

ReputationRep:
    My first time on tills at vue cinema, I think I must've been trying to work too quickly and the customer asked if it was my first shift and I said yes. He then gave advice saying to just keep calm, don't rush and that everything will be ok. It wasn't much but it still made my day after a long shift!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thequackingduck)
    My first time on tills at vue cinema, I think I must've been trying to work too quickly and the customer asked if it was my first shift and I said yes. He then gave advice saying to just keep calm, don't rush and that everything will be ok. It wasn't much but it still made my day after a long shift!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    actually sounds quite patronising

Poll
Which web browser do you use?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.