Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

maintenence grant help? No maintenence grant on my entitlement Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    Just hoping someone would be able to help me or help clear this up for me.
    I've applied for student finance for september 2015, and had my entitlement through. The only problem is, For a while now I've been trying to get my mums boyfriends financial records to send off, but as hes only been living here a few months its been a bit awkward. Now on my account on student finance it did say i needed to provide his information, however now it says i don't and doesn't even show me up when he searches on his account.
    There was also nothing about the maintenence grant on my entitlement and nothing on my account about this. With my mother and her partner both on low income owning there own business, the maintenence grant is almost vital to me being able to actually attend Uni and pay for board.
    Can anyone help with this?
    Thanks in advance,
    Zac
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Hi there.

If there's a delay in parents providing their financial information online then the application will automatically be approved not based on income, this is only to ensure you have some funding in place before the deadlines approach and the course begins.

Your parent's would not be able to support you online any longer and would need to send in a paper form (PFF2) to have this manually changed over: http://bit.ly/15EUr0G

Thanks.

Poll
How are you feeling about your A-level results?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.