The Student Room Group

AQA A2 Environmental Studies/Science

Scroll to see replies

true.. how are you feeling for envs4?
Original post by scottwhite
true.. how are you feeling for envs4?

Most of my work done in ENVS3 so will start ENVS4 today and probably in about an hour xD
i need to revise psychology. it's so content heavy and doesn't give me time to do other a levels haha. will probably start on envs4 tuesday afternoon...... this is a bad plan lol
i need to revise psychology. it's so content heavy and doesn't give me time to do other a levels haha. will probably start on envs4 tuesday afternoon...... this is a bad plan lol

Yea I finished psychology a level last year, was bloody difficult got a B in the end; spent so much time on G543 that I ended up with 91/100 UMS but then got a high C only on G544...
Original post by Aaron Penberthy
Organic mercury is liposoluble and can therefore pass into the brain and placenta whereas inorganic mercury cannot.

Ahh I put organic affects brain and inorganic doesn't but I couldn't remember why :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
I think that went okay, I've definitely lost a few marks on the graphs/maths questions but I think I've pulled it back with the essay. Time will tell ): it's usually around 67% for an A i think?? So we shall see :smile:
That exam could have gone so much better, though I suppose so much worse too. :s-smilie:
Thought that paper sucked, it really lacked a range of topics from the specification. I spent SO long revising atmospheric pollution and controls and it hardly came up! The graphs confused me so much too, and by the sounds of it i got the noise calculation wrong.

On the bright side some questions were gifts, thought my essay was decent (did the one on problems of renewables) and just put in all of my knowledge! The pesticide question was good for 5 marks too.

That whole battery question messed me around though :frown: and I almost ran out of time

Desperatly need a B, just putting everything into ENVS4 now! I'm much better at that so fingers crossed eh?
Not going to lie I'm pretty smug I predicted and revised the energy essay as the others weren't the nicest
What did everyone put for the pesticide question been on my mind since I remembered the question . I talked about specificity and solubility and like DDT and pesticide inside the crop etc??
Original post by joeheat
What did everyone put for the pesticide question been on my mind since I remembered the question . I talked about specificity and solubility and like DDT and pesticide inside the crop etc??

I put organophosphates and organochlorines. Couldn't remember the properties for each group so I just wrote about the general effects of pesticides e.g harm non target species and bio accumulation etc...
I put organophosphates and organochlorines. Couldn't remember the properties for each group so I just wrote about the general effects of pesticides e.g harm non target species and bio accumulation etc...

Organochlorines e.g. DDT - persistent, liposoluble so biomag and bioaccumulate, low mammal toxicity, high insect toxicity - need to say thus kills invertebrates reducing biodiversity but can be harmful in mammals as it bioaccumulate in body tissues and bio magnifies up food chain so toxicity becomes high in mammals - half life of 15 years
Organophosphates e.g. No idea haha - not persistent, doesn't bioaccumulate or biomag as not liposoluble, low insect toxicity but high mammal - so dangerous upon application e.g. Damaged a bunch of sheep farmers nervous systems
Pyrethroids e.g. Pyrethrum - persistent, not liposoluble, low mammal and insect toxicity but very high toxicity to aquatic species - enzyme inhibition and respiration problems

I think this is what will be on mark scheme ^^ might of got some stuff wrong but that's what I wrote
Original post by Aaron Penberthy
Organochlorines e.g. DDT - persistent, liposoluble so biomag and bioaccumulate, low mammal toxicity, high insect toxicity - need to say thus kills invertebrates reducing biodiversity but can be harmful in mammals as it bioaccumulate in body tissues and bio magnifies up food chain so toxicity becomes high in mammals - half life of 15 years
Organophosphates e.g. No idea haha - not persistent, doesn't bioaccumulate or biomag as not liposoluble, low insect toxicity but high mammal - so dangerous upon application e.g. Damaged a bunch of sheep farmers nervous systems
Pyrethroids e.g. Pyrethrum - persistent, not liposoluble, low mammal and insect toxicity but very high toxicity to aquatic species - enzyme inhibition and respiration problems

I think this is what will be on mark scheme ^^ might of got some stuff wrong but that's what I wrote

Yeah that sounds about right. I'm sure I picked up a few marks from saying bio-accumulation and actually naming the different groups! E.g organophosphates
Any predictions for tomorrow's essay?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Can you get short answer questions specifically on sustainably? Like how can biotic resource exploration become more sustainable? Ugh sustainability is such a wide topic!
I'm panicking! I haven't done any revision for this since Easter because I've focused on bio and chem as I've consistently got A*'s in every mock because i revised as i went along but now i have forgotten everything! To make this worse i have lost every bit of motivation for revise that i never even had in the first place! Any tips for cramming?!
Original post by AmyT997
I'm panicking! I haven't done any revision for this since Easter because I've focused on bio and chem as I've consistently got A*'s in every mock because i revised as i went along but now i have forgotten everything! To make this worse i have lost every bit of motivation for revise that i never even had in the first place! Any tips for cramming?!

When I cram I just write loads and loads of bullet point notes on every thing. I think that's a good way to go :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ellen999
Any predictions for tomorrow's essay?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Environmental impacts of fishing or aquaculture and how to control them, i reckon/hope
Original post by Chihiro_
Environmental impacts of fishing or aquaculture and how to control them, i reckon/hope

I would love that essay soooo much
Any one help , question is advantages of monoculture and one is economies of scale? anyone know what that is

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending