Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    What did people get for the critical value or whatever it was where you had to tick a box? and what did people put for the 2 questions on vegetarian vs meat?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AmyT997)
    It was percentage they were due to chance not percentage they were significantly different so it should be a low value i think
    You can say either. There is a less than 99.75% probability that the observed results were caused by chance OR There is a more than 99.75% probability that the observed results were not caused by chance OR There is a less than 0.25% chance that the observed results were caused by chance etc

ReputationRep:
    What did people get for the critical value or whatever it was where you had to tick a box? and what did people put for the 2 questions on vegetarian vs meat?
    11.36 or something like that.

For energy subsidies i had no clue and said meat takes much more energy to produce the same amount of biomass orr something and for the second one I put about meat being at a higher trophic level whereas plant foods get their energy directly from the sun

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DecantedOrange)
    You can say either. There is a less than 99.75% probability that the observed results were caused by chance OR There is a more than 99.75% probability that the observed results were not caused by chance OR There is a less than 0.25% chance that the observed results were caused by chance etc
    ahhhh! I just realised I accidently put 2.5 not 0.25! *facepalm*

ReputationRep:
    I think I put 0.005

ReputationRep:
    and for veg vs meat I talked about shorter/longer food chain and you have to grow crops to feed to livestock

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by greencat55)
    ahhhh! I just realised I accidently put 2.5 not 0.25! *facepalm*
    It was 2.5 (0.025*100=2.5)

ReputationRep:
    I got so stumped on what i think was a really basic question, what data did they need to know to draw an accurate line of best fit?

ReputationRep:
    I got so stumped on what i think was a really basic question, what data did they need to know to draw an accurate line of best fit?
    I wasn't sure but I said they need to know the range of data

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I got 9 and 7.something too

0.025 is 99.75% i think.
    number of species was 21.. so basically work it out backwards and you get 21

ReputationRep:
    11.36 or something like that.

For energy subsidies i had no clue and said meat takes much more energy to produce the same amount of biomass orr something and for the second one I put about meat being at a higher trophic level whereas plant foods get their energy directly from the sun
    Yeah meat = hetrotrophic so less efficiemt

plants = autotrophic so more efficient

ReputationRep:
    I got 21 in the table and 7.34 for chi squared and put 2.5% for the next one. im pretty sure the table one is 21 because it was (O-E)^2/E so O = /2.4x15 +15

I got that too. We checked with my teacher and he says it's definitely correct

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Thought the paper was beautiful overall... didn't really like the forestry ones at the beginning, but still think I got enough to get into uni 😄

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by croatoan)
    I got that too. We checked with my teacher and he says it's definitely correct

Posted from TSR Mobile
    9 worked too though?

ReputationRep:
    9 worked too though?
    How can two numbers work??? I cannot see how 9 could be the answer, could you explain how you got 9?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Ahhh that was so much better than envs3 :') I did the abiotics question, there were some points I forgot but I think I went into enough scientific detail so glad i revised the soil erosion experiment last night! Hope I've scraped a B

I didn't understand the mean question and the first stats calculation though, like most people by the sounds of it haha

By the way for the essay i ticked one question, then changed my mind and crossed it out - will this be ok? xD

ReputationRep:
    How can two numbers work??? I cannot see how 9 could be the answer, could you explain how you got 9?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    dammit. i realise what ive done i multiplied 2.4 by 15 then square rooted it which gave me 6 but then i did 15-6 to get 9 when i think i should have done 15+6

ReputationRep:
    Anybody do the transport essay? What did/would you have wrote for it, something to do with affluent countries aiming for transport sustainability/no environmental damage

ReputationRep:
    That paper was a beauty! Did the abiotic one and wrote to the last line!

ReputationRep:
    Did any one else do the last essay, about genetic manipulation advantages and disadvantages? What did you put?
    I talked about selective breeding, inter breeding, intra breeding, cloning and genetic engineering. Anything I missed?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
How are you feeling about your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.