Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

How to naturally dreadlock hair - Help would be appreciated. Watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm your typical guy, except I have multicoloured hair, and I intend to dread it.

I don't get much money so I can't afford to pay a lot of money towards special products or hair stylists.

I'd like to dread the multicoloured hair naturally, obviously washing it every few days, but without any beeswax or specific shampoo/conditioner.

Supposedly when cavemen existed, their head just dreaded naturally without them doing anything to it, because combs didn't exist.

I know it'd clearly take a lot longer than normally expected to dread hair like this, but is it possible, and do you have any advice?

Much appreciated.

ReputationRep:
    If you are trully planning to lock your hair you must find a lockster and stick with that lockster. There is no caveman method, if you leave it loose, it will end up being a matted mess, if you want it nice and neatly locked so you do not look like a tramp, find a lockster who is communicative and skilled and stick with them.

Take it from me.... you do not need many special products but you do need a good lockster.

ummm i think i am repeating myself.

ReputationRep:
    Are you white? If so I think you should stop appropriating black culture.

LMAO @ talking about cavemen you're crazy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daenerys...)

I second this!

If you're not black, just don't go there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daenerys...)

(Original post by fieldy_xo)
    I second this!

If you're not black, just don't go there.
    Dreadlocks are not part of black culture and can be found in many religious/cultures, and as the OP has stated it is natural to have dreadlocks whatever your colour is. The Jews have been dreadlocking hair for centuries and introduced dreadlocks to the Rastafarians (As Judaism and Rastafarianism are closely linked.)

"Dreadlocks, sometimes called simply dreads or locks, are matted ropes of hair which will form by themselves if the hair is allowed to grow naturally without the use of brushes, combs, razors or scissors for a long period of time. Dreadlocks are a universal phenomenon and through the ages, people of various cultures have worn dreadlocks. It can be said that what are known today as "dreadlocks" are one of the oldest and most universal hairstyles known."

http://forums.rasta-man.co.uk/smf/in...ic=3507.0;wap2

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply
Updated: May 16, 2015
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
How are you feeling about your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.