The Student Room Group

As English Literature AQA (LITB1) HELP!!

Hi, I am resitting this exam (as I didn't perform so well last year) and i feel unprepared! The texts i am studying are: Birdsong (Faulks), The Rime of the Ancient Mariner (Coleridge), Pride and Prejudice (Austen) and Keats poetry.
I am having difficulty structuring a section B and a section A2 (the second question). Does anyone have any resources for these texts or any tips?! Anything will help!!!
Reply 1
Section A- I'd always advise doing poetry in this section as you can briefly read over them before starting your essay! For A2, make sure you provide a counter argument. Also, shove a load of context in there as that's 1/3 of the marks. Remember to talk about Aspects of Narrative!
Section B question - Make sure you answer on the three texts you didn't talk about in Section A. I'd advise doing two paragraphs for each text, and develop your point well.

Hope that helps, good luck! :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by OGN
Section A- I'd always advise doing poetry in this section as you can briefly read over them before starting your essay! For A2, make sure you provide a counter argument. Also, shove a load of context in there as that's 1/3 of the marks. Remember to talk about Aspects of Narrative!
Section B question - Make sure you answer on the three texts you didn't talk about in Section A. I'd advise doing two paragraphs for each text, and develop your point well.

Hope that helps, good luck! :smile:

Thank You!!! :smile:
No one seems to be doing the same set of poems as my English class... Feminine Gospels by Carol Ann Duffy?

I have really struggled with her works and although I've seen my teacher on numerous occasions, I can't seem to find all of the 'hidden meanings' behind what she writes..!

Any advice or someone doing the same poems? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest