As English Literature AQA (LITB1) HELP!!

Watch
catrionaw
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi, I am resitting this exam (as I didn't perform so well last year) and i feel unprepared! The texts i am studying are: Birdsong (Faulks), The Rime of the Ancient Mariner (Coleridge), Pride and Prejudice (Austen) and Keats poetry.
I am having difficulty structuring a section B and a section A2 (the second question). Does anyone have any resources for these texts or any tips?! Anything will help!!!
OGN
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Section A- I'd always advise doing poetry in this section as you can briefly read over them before starting your essay! For A2, make sure you provide a counter argument. Also, shove a load of context in there as that's 1/3 of the marks. Remember to talk about Aspects of Narrative!
Section B question - Make sure you answer on the three texts you didn't talk about in Section A. I'd advise doing two paragraphs for each text, and develop your point well.

Hope that helps, good luck!
catrionaw
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by OGN)
Section A- I'd always advise doing poetry in this section as you can briefly read over them before starting your essay! For A2, make sure you provide a counter argument. Also, shove a load of context in there as that's 1/3 of the marks. Remember to talk about Aspects of Narrative!
Section B question - Make sure you answer on the three texts you didn't talk about in Section A. I'd advise doing two paragraphs for each text, and develop your point well.

Hope that helps, good luck!

Thank You!!!
booksarebae
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
No one seems to be doing the same set of poems as my English class... Feminine Gospels by Carol Ann Duffy?

I have really struggled with her works and although I've seen my teacher on numerous occasions, I can't seem to find all of the 'hidden meanings' behind what she writes..!

Any advice or someone doing the same poems?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (205)
33.33%
No (410)
66.67%

Watched Threads