Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chloe-jessica)
    Y=(x/5)^1/2
    so here scale factor 5 is 1/5, why isn't scale factor 3 not 1/3

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chloe-jessica)
    Couldn't remember which way the x and y were. 2 and 1 were definitely right, though I probably got them mixed up when I was trying to remember what I wrote to post this. I'll change it now, thanks.
    Your welcome

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Klaxoii)
    Anyone else get 20 root 5 for the last one?
    It wasn't just me! But yeah, everyone else I know got 40 so we're probably wrong. Did you get the distance from Q to P to be sq root 80 too?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spriggs3)
    What do you guys think the raw mark for full UMS will be?
    70+ surely

ReputationRep:
    Grade boundary ideas then? Approx 63 do we reckon for an A? Or lower?

90 UMS probably 67+?

ReputationRep:
    does anyone know the answer to this question?

circle: x^2+y^2-10x+4x+4=0

tangent: 3x+4y=32

P(8,2)

Q cuts y-axis at circle
    R cuts y-axis at tangent

Area of triangle PQR= ?

ReputationRep:
    I think I got 68 which my guess is 90+ ums

ReputationRep:
    Yeah that's just came up as all code.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Invest)
    Yeah that's just came up as all code.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    yeah I just fixed it

ReputationRep:
    Me😂 I'm glad I'm not the only one but I think we got it wrong😪😪

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by falloutboyyy)
    Doing c2 tomorrow????????
    Sorry I meant FP1 - its alright though I'm not as dumb as I seem

How can you work out area is 40 when it's not a right angle triangle ??? So confused !!! X

(Original post by Molly_xox)
    It wasn't just me! But yeah, everyone else I know got 40 so we're probably wrong. Did you get the distance from Q to P to be sq root 80 too?
    Can see how u got that like me thought it was right angle so sq root 8 x10, I did 10 x10 tho

(Original post by Gcselong)
    so here scale factor 5 is 1/5, why isn't scale factor 3 not 1/3
    Are you talking about parallel to the x axis? If you are, it's because the x value itself is being multiplied by 3 (as the x was already the denominator of the fraction) which means the scale factor is 1/3. The whole function is being multiplied by 1/3 so the scale factor in the y direction would also be 1/3.

(Original post by ella_chloe)
    someone posted a graph with the diagram and how they got the answer a couple of pages back x
    thanks xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Patsella)
    How can you work out area is 40 when it's not a right angle triangle ??? So confused !!! X
    It IS a right angles triangle. The right angle is just hidden half way down the y axis. The base was the distance between (0,8) and (0,-2) which is 10, and the height was from the y axis perpendicularly out towards the third point, (8,2), making the height the distance between (8,2) and (0,2), which is 8. So 8X10/2 is half base x height, which is 80/2=40

ReputationRep:
    Pretty sure the question with the powers was (1/5 root 5)^3 so would be 5^-4.5

(Original post by Dj dizzy dave)
    Pretty sure the question with the powers was (1/5 root 5)^3 so would be 5^-4.5
    It was (5root5)^3. I think.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Simonium1010)
    It IS a right angles triangle. The right angle is just hidden half way down the y axis. The base was the distance between (0,8) and (0,-2) which is 10, and the height was from the y axis perpendicularly out towards the third point, (8,2), making the height the distance between (8,2) and (0,2), which is 8. So 8X10/2 is half base x height, which is 80/2=40
    It wasn't a right angled as if you worked out lengths you wouldn't be able to use pythogoras to prove it.

1/2 x ab works for isocoleces too as long as you have the base and height

ReputationRep:
    what was the graph transformation answer, was it 1/3 in the axis or 3 in the y axis

Poll
Would you rather

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.