Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by waseemsharif54)
    Everyones saying 40 but I got 20 root 5??
    I got that too but its wrong T.T

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mhassen1997)
    yep and then the third coordinate was (8,2)
    yes that's what I got

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by benspring100)
    Things I got wrong: finding K - but I used the discriminant, 10ii - completely wrong, 10iii - I got 94/4 and used (0.5*4*fraction + 0.5*8*other fraction) it was wrong but I found Y and one other correctly, 3iii - wrong, and half of simultaneous equation wrong.

Everything else I'm pretty sure I got correct. - what do you think my mark was????
    Hmm...

I would say depending on your layout of the last question; (i.e. did you clearly display all of the coordinates P, Q and R?) you're looking at around 60 to 56 out of 72. Could be an A depending on grade boundaries, but may turn out as a B.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Madhutty)
    Hmm...

I would say depending on your layout of the last question; (i.e. did you clearly display all of the coordinates P, Q and R?) you're looking at around 60 to 56 out of 72. Could be an A depending on grade boundaries, but may turn out as a B.
    Okay brilliant - don't think I'd have gotten a C?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nurav11)
    Got FP1 aswell , how are you feeling for it?
    Not bad, the topics are pretty consistent, I always find polynomial roots tricky with cubic equations, but its generally okay

ReputationRep:
    What would I get it I only got the simultaneous equation one wrong? As in would I get any method marks or lose all 5??

ReputationRep:
    What did everyone get for the equation of the perpendicular line to AB using the midpoint of AB? Can't remember the question number

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by benspring100)
    Okay brilliant - don't think I'd have gotten a C?
    I doubt it; if you're sure you haven't dropped any marks elsewhere I'm fairly certain you've got a B at least.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ellieee1513)
    What did everyone get for the equation of the perpendicular line to AB using the midpoint of AB? Can't remember the question number
    Something like 6x + 8y - 29 = 0 ...?

Might have switched the 6 and the 8 but 29 seems fairly memorable...

(Original post by Yazmin123)
    What would I get it I only got the simultaneous equation one wrong? As in would I get any method marks or lose all 5??
    Depends how wrong you got the simultaneous equation. If your method was valid, you should only lose the accuracy marks.

ReputationRep:
    Hi, basically you just put x = 0 into the tangent and circle equations to get the co ordinates of the 3 points (because at the Y axis, x = 0)
    I've forgotten what they were specifically, but you end up with a triangle with base 10, and perpindicular height of 8.
    0.5 X B X H = 0.5 X 8 X 10 = 40 units^2
    Well that's what I put anyway, talking to other people after the exam some people got the same as me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yazmin123)
    Did you get either of the x or y values? Also what working did you put for the question? If you subbed in y correctly to y2 - x2 = 3 then you'll gain M1 mark, and depending on your factorising you'll gain another mark.

ReputationRep:
    Something like 6x + 8y - 29 = 0 ...?

Might have switched the 6 and the 8 but 29 seems fairly memorable...
    Okay, I think I got something with -43 on the end!

ReputationRep:
    I got 24 units^2, don't know if that's right though?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ellieee1513)
    Okay, I think I got something with -43 on the end!
    I don't remember a '43' anywhere on the paper then again; my memory isn't brilliant

ReputationRep:
    I got 5 * root5. I have no idea if that's correct... what did you get?

ReputationRep:
    I don't remember a '43' anywhere on the paper then again; my memory isn't brilliant
    I think I'd probably done something wrong then!

ReputationRep:
    Did you get either of the x or y values? Also what working did you put for the question? If you subbed in y correctly to y2 - x2 = 3 then you'll gain M1 mark, and depending on your factorising you'll gain another mark.
    I rearranged the linear equation for y and put it in the quadratic i got y=5-2x then expanded that and because there was a negative sign as it was x^2-y^2 i multiplied it all my -1 i dont know what i did wrong?
    And no i didn't get any of the correct values.

ReputationRep:
    Hey does anyone know what raw mark converts to full 100 UMS for june 14 and june 13?

ReputationRep:
    centre is (5,-2) radius is √25=5

Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.