Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by waseemsharif54)
    Everyones saying 40 but I got 20 root 5??
    I got that too but its wrong T.T

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mhassen1997)
    yep and then the third coordinate was (8,2)
    yes that's what I got

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by benspring100)
    Things I got wrong: finding K - but I used the discriminant, 10ii - completely wrong, 10iii - I got 94/4 and used (0.5*4*fraction + 0.5*8*other fraction) it was wrong but I found Y and one other correctly, 3iii - wrong, and half of simultaneous equation wrong.

Everything else I'm pretty sure I got correct. - what do you think my mark was????
    Hmm...

I would say depending on your layout of the last question; (i.e. did you clearly display all of the coordinates P, Q and R?) you're looking at around 60 to 56 out of 72. Could be an A depending on grade boundaries, but may turn out as a B.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Madhutty)
    Hmm...

I would say depending on your layout of the last question; (i.e. did you clearly display all of the coordinates P, Q and R?) you're looking at around 60 to 56 out of 72. Could be an A depending on grade boundaries, but may turn out as a B.
    Okay brilliant - don't think I'd have gotten a C?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nurav11)
    Got FP1 aswell , how are you feeling for it?
    Not bad, the topics are pretty consistent, I always find polynomial roots tricky with cubic equations, but its generally okay

ReputationRep:
    What would I get it I only got the simultaneous equation one wrong? As in would I get any method marks or lose all 5??

ReputationRep:
    What did everyone get for the equation of the perpendicular line to AB using the midpoint of AB? Can't remember the question number

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by benspring100)
    Okay brilliant - don't think I'd have gotten a C?
    I doubt it; if you're sure you haven't dropped any marks elsewhere I'm fairly certain you've got a B at least.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ellieee1513)
    What did everyone get for the equation of the perpendicular line to AB using the midpoint of AB? Can't remember the question number
    Something like 6x + 8y - 29 = 0 ...?

Might have switched the 6 and the 8 but 29 seems fairly memorable...

(Original post by Yazmin123)
    What would I get it I only got the simultaneous equation one wrong? As in would I get any method marks or lose all 5??
    Depends how wrong you got the simultaneous equation. If your method was valid, you should only lose the accuracy marks.

ReputationRep:
    Hi, basically you just put x = 0 into the tangent and circle equations to get the co ordinates of the 3 points (because at the Y axis, x = 0)
    I've forgotten what they were specifically, but you end up with a triangle with base 10, and perpindicular height of 8.
    0.5 X B X H = 0.5 X 8 X 10 = 40 units^2
    Well that's what I put anyway, talking to other people after the exam some people got the same as me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yazmin123)
    Did you get either of the x or y values? Also what working did you put for the question? If you subbed in y correctly to y2 - x2 = 3 then you'll gain M1 mark, and depending on your factorising you'll gain another mark.

ReputationRep:
    Something like 6x + 8y - 29 = 0 ...?

Might have switched the 6 and the 8 but 29 seems fairly memorable...
    Okay, I think I got something with -43 on the end!

ReputationRep:
    I got 24 units^2, don't know if that's right though?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ellieee1513)
    Okay, I think I got something with -43 on the end!
    I don't remember a '43' anywhere on the paper then again; my memory isn't brilliant

ReputationRep:
    I got 5 * root5. I have no idea if that's correct... what did you get?

ReputationRep:
    I don't remember a '43' anywhere on the paper then again; my memory isn't brilliant
    I think I'd probably done something wrong then!

ReputationRep:
    Did you get either of the x or y values? Also what working did you put for the question? If you subbed in y correctly to y2 - x2 = 3 then you'll gain M1 mark, and depending on your factorising you'll gain another mark.
    I rearranged the linear equation for y and put it in the quadratic i got y=5-2x then expanded that and because there was a negative sign as it was x^2-y^2 i multiplied it all my -1 i dont know what i did wrong?
    And no i didn't get any of the correct values.

ReputationRep:
    Hey does anyone know what raw mark converts to full 100 UMS for june 14 and june 13?

ReputationRep:
    centre is (5,-2) radius is √25=5

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.