Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chloe-jessica)
    1) Possibly 1 out of 2 for the second question.
    2) Provided your method was right for the line question and it was just a stupid mistake copying down, you should only lose the 1 accuracy mark.
    3) Did you find the discriminant of the equation and make it less than 0? This would be worth method marks.
    4) You might get 1 out of 2. If you drew your graph wrong it might be counted as ecf.
    5) Should only be the 1 lost mark for accuracy again.

Not 100% sure on these but that's what I'd guess at.
    thank you, for 2 yes i think right method y-y1=m(x-x1), and for 2 i did yh b^2-4ac<0 but always mess up inequality signs, and 4 i believe that i drew the graph right but just wrote inequality sign wrong way round, i thought for last i'd lose like 3 marks, but i am always pessimistic when it comes to marks lost aha
    thanks

(Original post by GM16)
    So you must state it was a stretch in both the x and y directions? Or will you still get the marks if you say x or y?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    One or the other will be sufficient to get the marks.

ReputationRep:
    For the b^2 - 4ac question
    i wrote b^2 - 4ac < 0 then solved it leaving k on other side but did not make c = 3-k
    how many marks will i get?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rr_rolo)
    FP1 is cancelled tomorrow

i feel i heard the teachers talking sth about this when I was under the supervision over lunch time. r u sure as nobody else heard about anything

(Original post by Rr_rolo)
    FP1 is cancelled tomorrow
    If only.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ella_chloe)
    yeahh i know but was just confused, they should still give you the marks yeah
    oh i totally didnt even read what you replied to, mb for stating the obvious aha

Is it just me who is kicking themselves for loosing stupid ,easy marks ??? Or am I the only one ;(((((

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Patsella)
    Is it just me who is kicking themselves for loosing stupid ,easy marks ??? Or am I the only one ;(((((

Posted from TSR Mobile

No .

ReputationRep:
    Can't be any worse than last year's fp1 paper, guys...

ReputationRep:
    Losses of marks on core 1 are always down to silly mistakes and e inflated ade boundaries don't help. Im resat this paper and did it twice just to make sure and spotted at least 3 stupid errors. It's just about checking your work thoroughly

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Simonium1010)
    Not bad, the topics are pretty consistent, I always find polynomial roots tricky with cubic equations, but its generally okay
    Yup same here, I'm literally going through every possible roots question now along with induction. The rest should be absolutely fine. Although this is probably what was being said last year before being hit with THAT exam...

(Original post by nurav11)
    Yup same here, I'm literally going through every possible roots question now along with induction. The rest should be absolutely fine. Although this is probably what was being said last year before being hit with THAT exam...
    I always thought roots was the easiest topic when we covered the content, yet it's the one I find most difficult on the papers. If the last question is a horrible one on roots, I'm just accepting imminent failure.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AstroNandos)
    I have a feeling I forgot to work out the y value for the simultaneous equations too...

:banghead:
    I did that too 😩😩😩😩 -2 marks

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Me too 😓😓😓😓 I forgot to work out y values 😭😩😩😩😩

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chloe-jessica)
    I always thought roots was the easiest topic when we covered the content, yet it's the one I find most difficult on the papers. If the last question is a horrible one on roots, I'm just accepting imminent failure.
    Yeh that's exactly what I thought aswell, I'm really hoping the last question will be an Argand or 3x3 matrix question with induction right at the start and roots dotted around but only as quadratics haha (have seen this happen). Last year though was roots and induction last so I highly doubt that'll happen again this year. Fingers crossed...

ReputationRep:
    Can someone show me what they did for question 8, the one where you find (k). I just completed the square and did k < 25/8

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emiilywest)
    What happens if you don't simplify fractions, is that marks lost automatically? For instance, on the graph I put the x axis point of intersection as 6/4, not 3/2
    Yeh I did that same with the simultaneous equation, I put 28/6 instead of 14/3... I have seen msrkschemes which explicitly say allow and others that don't mention so it depends on the examiner

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by nurav11)
    Yeh that's exactly what I thought aswell, I'm really hoping the last question will be an Argand or 3x3 matrix question with induction right at the start and roots dotted around but only as quadratics haha (have seen this happen). Last year though was roots and induction last so I highly doubt that'll happen again this year. Fingers crossed...
    Last years paper was grim, we did it as a mock and I got 47% oops.Then again, we'd never seen an FP1 paper before and we finished FP1 before Christmas, discarded it to do C3 (why my maths department think this is a good idea I will never know) and then I promptly forgot it all before the mock at Easter. 3x3 matrices would be an amazing last question, I've noticed recently they've started asking more questions like these:
    Name:  Screen Shot 2015-05-13 at 18.43.05.png
Views: 197
Size:  49.2 KB
    The only problem with 3x3 matrices is that the arithmetic is so easy to mess up on and if that happens, everything is wrong. Still, I'd take them over induction or roots.

ReputationRep:
    I have this strange feeling that I put k > -25/8 instead of k < -25/8... I wish I could quickly peek at my paper instead of having to wait 3 months

ReputationRep:
    Is there an unofficial mark scheme?

Poll
How are you feeling about your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.