Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Hhhh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lostinlife__)
    Help!! I'm really really lost. I'm also looking at UCL which is where I'll go, but how do I fund?? I do not have rich parents and I come from a working class background. But I did excel academically (apart from the scholaship/bursaires) how do i actually fund??
    The career development loan is your first bet, but it won't cover the full amount you'll likely need (limited to 10k I think?)

Everyone is in the same boat for post grad - if you don't get scholarships then you need to find the money yourself, whether through private loans or taking time to save up etc.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Help!! I'm really really lost. I'm also looking at UCL which is where I'll go, but how do I fund?? I do not have rich parents and I come from a working class background. But I did excel academically (apart from the scholaship/bursaires) how do i actually fund??
    I think some companies and specific groups that focus on career development may be able to offer an award or something, usually if you have another nationality or are part of a minority ethnic group

ReputationRep:
    I do not have rich parents and I come from a working class background

I wouldn't expect too much help from a Tory administration then....

On another matter I believe student loans for post grad will be available next year for under 30's http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-30293964

Why that could not include over 30's I do not know but I'd be interested to see any attempted justification for the age discrimination.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nathan2k1)
    I do not have rich parents and I come from a working class background

I wouldn't expect too much help from a Tory administration then....

On another matter I believe student loans for post grad will be available next year for under 30's http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-30293964

Why that could not include over 30's I do not know but I'd be interested to see any attempted justification for the age discrimination.
    No help!!! I'm 21-under 30

ReputationRep:
    No help!!! I'm 21-under 30
    Lol it would be for under 30's. As you are under 30 then you would meet the age criteria....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nathan2k1)
    Lol it would be for under 30's. As you are under 30 then you would meet the age criteria....
    But I'm still lost-the careers advisor at uni of liverpool is so bloody shi......

What? Where? what website do I even go on?? I'm completely lost, yet I'm so eager to start at ucl!!
    I'm really worried I don't want to waste a year after I graduate because of funding issues. The struggle is real-not only am i ethnic minority, come from a poor part of London but there's racist posh ***** out there-David cameron and his divide-conquer philosophy masters being one of them

ReputationRep:
    But I'm still lost-the careers advisor at uni of liverpool is so bloody shi......

What? Where? what website do I even go on?? I'm completely lost, yet I'm so eager to start at ucl!!
    I'm really worried I don't want to waste a year after I graduate because of funding issues. The struggle is real-not only am i ethnic minority, come from a poor part of London but there's racist posh ***** out there-David cameron and his divide-conquer philosophy masters being one of them
    Well yes, you are right to be confused. I am not even sure if that post grad funding will actually be enacted as they have said, but worth a try if you are still struggling to find funding next year. You could check out a number of sources including the law society or the inns of court. Not all is lost because you could get funding for the bar course or the lpc and then save up for the llm.

If you think post grad study is hard to fund without solid financial backing, look up what it takes to become a pilot. Lol.

Poll
How are you feeling about your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.