Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Hi there!

So, two weeks ago, my teacher finally made the judgement for me to sit the foundation tier for English language. I obviously did not want to sit this tier as I believe that I am a good behaving and high achieving student in academic terms. Today I went ahead and told my brother, he is a teacher in a school and he himself went to an exams officer and told the officer if my tier could be changed at the current moment. The reply from the exams officer was yes, although some exams have already taken place. I have gone to my English teacher (head of English) and told her multiple times that I want to sit the higher tier since I need a B-A to satisfy myself, family and the course I am going to do in college. After nagging her almost every day, the outcome was the same.
    "No, you can still get a B with foundation."
    Also, the exams officer said that it was near to impossible to actually get a B in the foundation paper and the best grade you could get is a high C. My last resort is to go and tell the headteacher about this because the tier can still be changed, my father is willing to pay the money for it if it means a better future for me.

Additional information:

English language CW grade: B+ (1 mark off an A)
    Previous Mock grades: C in the foundation paper
    (Marked harshly - my teacher told me this)

ReputationRep:
    Heya, I'm going to put this in the English forum for you as you should get more responses there.

You should also check out the forum to see if there's any other threads there which might be helpful to you!

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=82

ReputationRep:
    Would you like tips on how to boost your grade??

Poll
How are you feeling about your A-level results?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.