Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

Aqa religious studies a2 ethics rst3a - free will, virtue ethics, science, et al. Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G xxx)
    Does anyone have any notes for philosophy, life, death and beyond? I have literally nothing
    If you read my post on the buttom i could send you stuff?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G xxx)
    Does anyone have any notes for philosophy, life, death and beyond? I have literally nothing
    Same!

We looked at concept of the soul...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abdulmilad)
    Hi guys im really depressed and would love if you could give me your opinion to one of my essay answers

I did the libertarianism question where you had to talk about the personality, moral self and casually undetermined choice.

For personality i said its essentially an empirical concept that is moulded by external world factors such as genes and enviroment (and used examples to support this) i said we must behave in accordance to our personality since it is our persoanlity that dictates our behaviour.

For moral self i said it is autonomous so free from cuasalities of world unlike personality. I said since its autonomous it can overcome the personality allowing for casually undetermined choices.

For casually undetermined choice i said it gives absolute freedom and moral responsibility and used rene descartes dualism to explain why as well as used example of leopold and loeb.

Are my points correct? ( i write 3 pages)
    Yeah, that sounds all good.

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, I've made a thread for unit 4 - it focuses on life, death and beyond, but can have other stuff too if need be. Also a place to just discuss how we're all getting on generally with that unit: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=3397503

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SoccerSarah)
    Yeah, that sounds all good.
    Will it be a problem that i said the moral self is also called the conscience?

I said that becauze our aqa revision guide says 'the conscience is in effect the moral self' ?

I only called it the conscience indirectly once or maybe twice throughout the whole essay but everywhere else i called it the moral self

ReputationRep:
    For the sexual ethics question I talked about incest and how that type of sexual love is not allowed in family? It is prohibited in Leviticus 18:6, is that okay? Also I talked about the duties that parents have towards children as part of their love towards children? Also c.s. Lewis with storge and mostly talked about how abuse of power could lead to incest and different denominations viewpoints on it such as RC and CofE is that okay? I am scared now!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hairat)
    For the sexual ethics question I talked about incest and how that type of sexual love is not allowed in family? It is prohibited in Leviticus 18:6, is that okay? Also I talked about the duties that parents have towards children as part of their love towards children? Also c.s. Lewis with storge and mostly talked about how abuse of power could lead to incest and different denominations viewpoints on it such as RC and CofE is that okay? I am scared now!
    Sounds awesome!

What do you think of my libertarianism response in the post above?

Do you think it'll be a problem that (only once i think) i said that the moral self is also called the conscience?

I said that becauze the aqa book says the moral self is in effect the conscience.

ReputationRep:
    Will it be a problem that i said the moral self is also called the conscience?

I said that becauze our aqa revision guide says 'the conscience is in effect the moral self' ?

I only called it the conscience indirectly once or maybe twice throughout the whole essay but everywhere else i called it the moral self
    I'd stop worrying - it's done now, you can't change it and FWIW it sounds okay, conscience is a moral faculty

ReputationRep:
    Sounds awesome!

What do you think of my libertarianism response in the post above?

Do you think it'll be a problem that (only once i think) i said that the moral self is also called the conscience?

I said that becauze the aqa book says the moral self is in effect the conscience.
    Sorry I didn't libertanism but I am sure its fine

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SoccerSarah)
    I'd stop worrying - it's done now, you can't change it and FWIW it sounds okay, conscience is a moral faculty
    whats 'FWIW' ?

ReputationRep:
    whats 'FWIW' ?
    For what it's worth

ReputationRep:
    is anyone doing life, death and beyond paper??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmawhitz)
    DONT WORRY! i know a girl last year who got an A and she completely missed out on a 15 marker.
    a 15 marker wow.

So there is hope

ReputationRep:
    Hi do you remember what both the questions were for the Virtue ethics section

ReputationRep:
    Hi by any chance do you remember what the questions were for the Virtue ethics section

(Original post by Lizzie_Rose)
    Really liked the libertarian question but didn't write much on the personality :/ virtue ethics was great and didn't want to stop writing but the AO2 was a bit wafty when I was writing it

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Do you remember what the questions were for the Virtue ethics section?.
    (Original post by Lizzie_Rose)
    Really liked the libertarian question but didn't write much on the personality :/ virtue ethics was great and didn't want to stop writing but the AO2 was a bit wafty when I was writing it

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    anyone know the 2015 sexual ethics A01 question?

ReputationRep:
    I have a blog with a lot of my Rs notes that could be useful? Its called 'emilydoesalevelrevision'

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 5542o)
    Any predictions for the virtue ethics question?
    Aristolian Virtue Ethics xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EmillieGrace)
    Aristolian Virtue Ethics xxx
    Me and my class have a strong feeling the virtue ethics question will be on applying virtue ethics to an ethical issue!!!

Poll
How are you feeling about your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.