Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

Website Beta Testing! Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hey y'all!

For the past two weeks I've been trying to develop my own website to promote my artwork. I'd really appreciate it if you could comment on the efficiency of the website, the overall outlook, navigation, issues e.t.c.

My website is here below (I haven't yet purchased a full domain as I don't want to spend money on something that doesn't work):

http://jessicaevans.besaba.com/

Thank you all very much

ReputationRep:
    First of all I'll comment on the artwork. Some fantastic pieces there. The 'Dizzy' piece is great.Onto the website.

Simple colours, black and white. Makes your work pop more. Good font, not too big, not too small. All navigation works correctly.

Some things:
    a) Home page and bio are exactly the same page. I suggest not having the bio buttons, and just use the 'Home' as your place to talk about your work.
    b) You want your tabs to be in a order that people are going to look at. The MAIN thing on your website is your portfolio. Have 'Works' straight after 'Home' (assuming that bio has gone, see point a).
    c) The title, 'Jessica Evans', is the same size and alignment on all pages, apart from your 'works' section. There's a slight difference in size or alignment there. Or it could just be me going insane. Or both.
    d) This is just me, just my opinion and feel, but I'm never keen on a navigation button not actually linking to anything but instead just supplying a drop down. Drop downs are good, defo keep that, but have a page for 'works' as well, with links to your different types of work. It sounds like a waste of time, but it improves flow and user experience.
    e) There's a big white gap between your drawings here http://jessicaevans.besaba.com/works/drawing

That's all I've got atm. Feel free to ask any questions

Poll
Would you rather
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered creative corner threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.