Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

As history - f964/02 - cold war in asia Watch

ReputationRep:
    heyy, just wanted to see if anyone was sitting this paper on wed 13th May & wanted to see your thoughts on the paper

ReputationRep:
    I'm sitting this paper! Doesn't seem like a lot of people are...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thatlizziegirl)
    I'm sitting this paper! Doesn't seem like a lot of people are...
    yeah, weird ey. I think Vietnam is most likely to come up tomorrow. wbu ?

ReputationRep:
    no one takes this topic!! so frustrating!! I defo think that Vietnam or Korea will come up as there isn't really enough to talk about for Japan and the Philippines to fill a whole exam.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmmms)
    no one takes this topic!! so frustrating!! I defo think that Vietnam or Korea will come up as there isn't really enough to talk about for Japan and the Philippines to fill a whole exam.
    Yeah, exactly!

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I am taking this paper tomorrow! My teacher has predicted the last part of the Vietnam war to come up but who knows!?

ReputationRep:
    All the topics that have come up between 2009 and 2013
    Jan 2009- intervention/situation in Korea
    June 2009- Tet Offensive- turning point in Vietnam War
    Jan 2010- US strategies for intervention in Asia 1945-1954
    June 2010- Diem’s regime and US involvement in South Vietnam
    Jan 2011- American influence in Korea
    June 2011- US intervention in Vietnam up to 1965
    Jan 2012- situation in Vietnam up to 1954
    June 2012- Vietnam 1969-1972
    Jan 2013- US involvement in mainland Asia
    June 2013- South Vietnam under Diem

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=tashielaura;55695885]All the topics that have come up between 2009 and 2013
    Jan 2009- intervention/situation in Korea
    June 2009- Tet Offensive- turning point in Vietnam War
    Jan 2010- US strategies for intervention in Asia 1945-1954
    June 2010- Diem’s regime and US involvement in South Vietnam
    Jan 2011- American influence in Korea
    June 2011- US intervention in Vietnam up to 1965
    Jan 2012- situation in Vietnam up to 1954
    June 2012- Vietnam 1969-1972
    Jan 2013- US involvement in mainland Asia
    June 2013- South Vietnam under Diem[/QUOTE

Ah didnt think of that... better get revising the last bit of Vietnam then...

ReputationRep:
    Also just wondering what paragraph structure for the a) and b) parts of the exam has your teacher advised you to write in?? my history teacher is a bit cryptic when it comes to telling how to write an answer!!

ReputationRep:
    for both parts i try to merge the provenance of the Sources into the main paragraphs. in the examiner report it recommends to do this. So within a paragraph you have a statement, quote from one or two sources, explanation of the quotes, back up with own knowledge and provenance.

For part b) make sure you have a clear line of argument throughout the essay, and deal with the interpretation given in the question first.

Part a) 2 similarities + 2 differences + conclusion

part b) explain sources that support given interpretation + 2 more interpretations, a paragraph each + conclusion.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tashielaura)
    for both parts i try to merge the provenance of the Sources into the main paragraphs. in the examiner report it recommends to do this. So within a paragraph you have a statement, quote from one or two sources, explanation of the quotes, back up with own knowledge and provenance.

For part b) make sure you have a clear line of argument throughout the essay, and deal with the interpretation given in the question first.

part b) explain sources that support given interpretation + 2 more interpretations, a paragraph each + conclusion.
    Im doing this paper too but my teacher never told us to do only 2 similarities and differences for part a- ahhh im dreading tomorrow

ReputationRep:

yeah, I really like your technique! lets all hope it's the vietnam war that comes up !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sanal1998)
    Im doing this paper too but my teacher never told us to do only 2 similarities and differences for part a- ahhh im dreading tomorrow
    There are so many different ways to structure the answer I would stick to the way you were told by your teacher. I find that I don't have time to write about any more similarities or differences.

ReputationRep:
    ahh thank you thats very helpful

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing this exam too I'm resitting it so do not ask me for advice. My teacher is highly cryptic and I had to try to teach it all to myself. Last year my teacher understated the need for own knowledge, you actually need loads of own knowledge! I recommend learning the full dates of the events (day and month too) so that you can determine how accurate or reliable a source is.

ReputationRep:

This is REALLY good by the way!

ReputationRep:
    aggghhhh this exam is going to s*** on my head

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmmms)
    aggghhhh this exam is going to s*** on my head
    It's fine, just try to stay calm, freaking out will cause you to write an incomprehensible answer. Write out plans for your essay structure first so that you don't go off waffling and you should be alright as long as you follow them. Just remember that own knowledge is just as important as provenance. Keep an eye on timing too, part b) is much more important because it's worth more. The key to part a) is definitely quality rather than quantity.

ReputationRep:
    good luck everyone i pray we all do well and the questions are easy!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sanal1998)
    good luck everyone i pray we all do well and the questions are easy!
    Thank youu! You to 😊😊

Poll
How are you feeling about your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.