Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

AQA Biology GCSE 2015 additional science higher paper unit 2&3 Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DocPK)
    What boxes did you tick for the question on the purple and white flowers. Homozygous or heterozygous?
    I ticked hetrozygous.

ReputationRep:
    I nearly died 4 exams and barely any break

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amy1999)
    I nearly died 4 exams and barely any break
    Ouch. I stayed home all morning to do revision, I only came in for the exam and until the end of the day. I must've done about 5 hours of revision before I came into to my Biology exam.

ReputationRep:
    I didn't like the one with cardiac output, stroke volume and heart rate. Any ideas of what you should've put for that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dins432)
    Did the 100m tape measure go up the tree or through the woodland????
    I said it was used as a control variable so a tree every something metres was used in the investigation?

ReputationRep:
    I was totally confused with Q2, the ph and bile question. Also, what did you guys write for the ratio question?
    That paper was a shocker.. Just counting on low grade boundaries now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bailey280899)
    I didn't like the one with cardiac output, stroke volume and heart rate. Any ideas of what you should've put for that?
    Was that about running and why person 1 ran faster? I said that they were healthier as their resting heart rate was low and their stroke thing was high so a lot of blood was pumped around the body unlike person 2. I have no idea if that is right but i didnt mind that question.

ReputationRep:
    oh gosh i didn't even consider saying it went up the tree, but hopefully as long as you explained yourself properly you can gain marks either way (I still think the question just sucked in general)

ReputationRep:
    Was that about running and why person 1 ran faster? I said that they were healthier as their resting heart rate was low and their stroke thing was high so a lot of blood was pumped around the body unlike person 2. I have no idea if that is right but i didnt mind that question.
    I put about how it was anaerobic exercise, oxygen debt, stroke volume is higher for longer after exercise, all as a result of person 1 running faster.. I'm so unsure about that one.

ReputationRep:
    All in all, it was a hard paper. :/ I really don't know what I got.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laura247)
    I was totally confused with Q2, the ph and bile question. Also, what did you guys write for the ratio question?
    That paper was a shocker.. Just counting on low grade boundaries now.
    I put 3:1 I was really unsure about that whole question!

ReputationRep:
    All in all, it was a hard paper. :/ I really don't know what I got.
    It was so hopefully the grade boundaries will be low!

ReputationRep:
    I put 1:3.blablabla Does it matter that I put it the other way around and that I included the decimals do you think?

ReputationRep:
    Ahh August is too long to wait! D:

ReputationRep:
    I put 1:3.blablabla Does it matter that I put it the other way around and that I included the decimals do you think?
    Nah i dont think it matters, I was contemplating on whether or not to put the decimals, i have no idea what the right answer is, i hated the last question!

ReputationRep:
    Ahh August is too long to wait! D:
    IKR, they should do them at the beginning of July!

ReputationRep:
    Through the woodland

ReputationRep:
    Me too but when I came back to the question I figured out it may be 3:1

ReputationRep:
    Guys, you know for the polydactyly question and cystic fibrosis question, what number did you write?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laura247)
    Guys, you know for the polydactyly question and cystic fibrosis question, what number did you write?
    1 for polydactyly and 2 for cystic fibrosis. Not sure though.

Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.