Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

AQA Biology GCSE 2015 additional science higher paper unit 2&3 Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laura247)
    Guys, you know for the polydactyly question and cystic fibrosis question, what number did you write?
    i put one then two, again i have no idea if that is right or not!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amy1999)
    IKR, they should do them at the beginning of July!
    Submit them online by scanning them in and have a real life examiner mark them and get your grade as soon as it's been marked.

Maybe change the way grade boundaries are done, I don't know, but I need those results quicker! :/

ReputationRep:
    1 and 2

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bailey280899)
    Submit them online by scanning them in and have a real life examiner mark them and get your grade as soon as it's been marked.

Maybe change the way grade boundaries are done, I don't know, but I need those results quicker! :/
    Yeah thats a good idea, we have to wait basically until we go to sixth form or college, its too long!

ReputationRep:
    1 and 2

ReputationRep:
    I ticked homozygous, heterozygous, heterozygous??

ReputationRep:
    I got homo , homo and then hetro . because if you have 2 flowers from each different species they are non variated but if they interbreed you get a mixture of the 2 species hence the hetro?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by liasoe)
    I got homo , homo and then hetro . because if you have 2 flowers from each different species they are non variated but if they interbreed you get a mixture of the 2 species hence the hetro?
    wasn't it hetro homo hetro, as otherwise there would be no white flower produced due to the purple allele being dominant. that's why the first one would be hetro so it is a carrier of the recessive( white flower) allele

ReputationRep:
    In my opinion, that exam was so easy. I loved it! LOL. I did, however hate the second part of the enzyme question on page 2. Did any of you get 400 for the magnification of the muscle cell?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DocPK)
    wasn't it hetro homo hetro, as otherwise there would be no white flower produced due to the purple allele being dominant. that's why the first one would be hetro so it is a carrier of the recessive( white flower) allele
    It was Homo, Homo, hetero. Because in the second stage, all the plants were purple, so the parent plants both had to have the same alleles.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Florent venhari)
    It was Homo, Homo, hetero. Because in the second stage, all the plants were purple, so the parent plants both had to have the same alleles.
    exactly what i was going to say, then did you have to prove that there was 25% chance of there being a white flower hence the shortage of abundance of them

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone do b3? What was everyones thoughts for that...

ReputationRep:
    exactly what i was going to say, then did you have to prove that there was 25% chance of there being a white flower hence the shortage of abundance of them
    Something like that. I can't remember what I put, i think it was 50% because I literally panicked on that one :P Oh well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Florent venhari)
    Something like that. I can't remember what I put, i think it was 50% because I literally panicked on that one :P Oh well.
    Well if it was 50% then why would there be less white flowers in contrast to the more purple? There would be the same... it can't be that

ReputationRep:
    I put one then two, I think that may be right don't worry too much!

ReputationRep:
    really, what was that paper, did anyone get that ratio question because i guessed and said 6:2 but i know that it was wrong

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laura247)
    Me too but when I came back to the question I figured out it may be 3:1
    would it matter if i put 6:2 or am i still screwed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Esther228)
    would it matter if i put 6:2 or am i still screwed
    I have no idea, was there a mark for working out?

ReputationRep:
    It's correct! Believe me. Dominant only requires one defective allele for the disorder to be expressed where as a recessive disorder requires 2 - one from each parent!

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone do b3? What was everyones thoughts for that...
    I did the b3 today and thought it was much easier then b2 but still fairly hard, think I did ok though, other peoples feelings?

Poll
How are you feeling about your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.