This discussion is closed.
Nylex
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. I failed again, 1 major FFS .
Ollie
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Nylex)
ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. I failed again, 1 major FFS .
sorry mate-better luck next time, it happens to the best of us

you no the more you fail the better you are

in a completly unrelated issue, i failed 5 times so keep going!
not1
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
ive failed 3 times and havent rebooked yet. each time i got like 5 minors but also 1 major. and every major was some bloody stupid thing!!
1st time: indicated wrong way
2nd time: pulled out of junction and 'made a car slow down' (SLIGHTLY!!!)
3rd time: went onto pavement with reverse park. trouble was, it was a dip in the curb for an entrance, so i didnt feel a bump and thought it was a perfect reverse!!
needless to say i am annoyed, especially as half my friends passed first time...
LadyFadge
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Is the test scary i am dreading even thinking about mine. I can drive and do so on my blokes property but i am a little bit anxious about appling for my test
Arwen
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I know it's really tough to do, but here are some tips.
Firstly calm down and don't get really uptight about it. Just think that if you don't pass your test, you're obviously not as ready as you thought you were and by failing you, the examiner has actually done you a massive favour, by not allowing you to screw up when you're out driving and get into a nasty accident.
I passed 4th time, and although I was totally pissed off I didn't pass the first/second/third time, I got over it and as soon as I got home after each time, I rebooked my test.
When I passed my test, I hadn't driven for about 8 weeks as I'd been staying in America with family. I didn't tell any of my friends I was taking my test, and it really helped me. I was laid back and relaxed because I'd just been accepted through clearing to Leicester Uni and if I failed I didn't have to tell anyone about it.
There's a certain amount of luck that goes into passing your test though, the conditions have to be good (preferably with no cyclists).
kikzen
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
i have meh theory tomorrow

hopefully ill smack it.
jediknight007
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Hi, I still need to get some photographs for my provisional license! And I'm nearly 18 in 2 months. First of all, I need to start working so that I can earn some money and pay for my own driving lessons because I'm already worried and feel like I might need loads of lessons.

One thing I want to ask is whether it is hard for you to keep your foot steady on the accelerator? I do shake quite a lot when I get nervous. For example, during my Chemistry experiments, I sometimes get worried when pouring liquids because my hands shake a bit. I'm worried that if I can't keep my foot steady when driving, I might cause an accident if going too fast.

There's so many things to do when driving and I'm also worried that I can't handle it all at once. Like using the clutch, changing gears, controlling the accelerator etc...at the same time! I will probably get used to it with practise. Sometimes, I can do more than one thing at a time easily but at other times, I can only do one thing at a time!
++Hex++
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by jediknight007)
Hi, I still need to get some photographs for my provisional license! And I'm nearly 18 in 2 months. First of all, I need to start working so that I can earn some money and pay for my own driving lessons because I'm already worried and feel like I might need loads of lessons.

One thing I want to ask is whether it is hard for you to keep your foot steady on the accelerator? I do shake quite a lot when I get nervous. For example, during my Chemistry experiments, I sometimes get worried when pouring liquids because my hands shake a bit. I'm worried that if I can't keep my foot steady when driving, I might cause an accident if going too fast.

There's so many things to do when driving and I'm also worried that I can't handle it all at once. Like using the clutch, changing gears, controlling the accelerator etc...at the same time! I will probably get used to it with practise. Sometimes, I can do more than one thing at a time easily but at other times, I can only do one thing at a time!
I was 18 in April and have yet to get photographs for my provisional! Need some for uni now though. I keep telling everyone that I'm going to learn sometime, but I'm worried that if I learn now and then don't drive for 4 years I'll forget... :rolleyes:
kikzen
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
i passed meh theory !

33/35
55/75 or whatever for the hazard perception
Nylex
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Ollie)
sorry mate-better luck next time, it happens to the best of us

you no the more you fail the better you are

in a completly unrelated issue, i failed 5 times so keep going!
It's **** cos I'll have to take the test in December when I get back from uni. The problem is that I won't have had any practice :/.
Drivingmad
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
On the practical test what did they ask you about car maintenance, did you have to open the bonnet and remove anything?
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
i failed my test because i never checked my blindspot enough. The examiner said i only checked it once but i am 100% positive that i checked at least 4 times. i cant believe he never noticed i made it soooo obvious, and he should have its what he gets payed for!!
hopefully i'll opass next time, i heard that they have to fail a certain number of people or they dont get payed is this true? does anyone no? Leon
Tednol
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Unregistered)
i failed my test because i never checked my blindspot enough. The examiner said i only checked it once but i am 100% positive that i checked at least 4 times. i cant believe he never noticed i made it soooo obvious, and he should have its what he gets payed for!!
hopefully i'll opass next time, i heard that they have to fail a certain number of people or they dont get payed is this true? does anyone no? Leon
If you are good enough on the day you will pass, it's as simple as that.
Snazzy
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Unregistered)
i passed my test a couple of months ago on my first go, bt i did hear that they can only pass a certain amount of ppl in a day, dunno how true it is :confused:
on the day just make sure that ur relaxed and check everythin all the time, then they'll have no reason to fail u!!! Good luck!!
Juwel
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Driving sucks and people that drive alone are unnecessary polluters. Cycle or walk people! I might take up rollerskating, who needs a car?!
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
I passed first time with quite a few obstacles (i.e. a Bus pulling out in front of me, a van coming round the corner as I was doing my reverse round a corner, and a drunk cyclist - dont ask!!!)

As long as you stay calm and smile to the examiner (I had a woman and she was really nice, spoke really softly (too softly - I had to ask her twice over one direction cos she said it so quietly)

I think not telling people youre going in for a test helps too with no pressure, although I told all my friends. If you are focused you can do it quite quickly. I had my license four months after my 17th birthday.

ALSO, BIG THING, if you think youve failed, dont let it get you...just carry on as normal. I thought Id failed about fifty times during my test...I kept on tutting all the way through it lol.. Ne way good luck to any of you taking your test.
Golz
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by ickle_katy)
anyone got any tips???

love Katy ***

Um lets see. No because i'm only 12 so what do i know about driving. I'm not doing much here but i just get a bit bored so i post somthing that i don't know about like driving
lauralovesjamie
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
AAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
FAILED MY SECOND DRIVING TEST TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i was doing 32mph in a 30zone for about 15seconds, then corrected myself, got NO minors!!!!!!!!!
stupid *****!
first time i hesitated for about 10seconds!!!!!!!!!! ARHHHHHHHHHH
now cant get in till 26th of JANUARY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by lauralovesjamie)
AAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
FAILED MY SECOND DRIVING TEST TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i was doing 32mph in a 30zone for about 15seconds, then corrected myself, got NO minors!!!!!!!!!
stupid *****!
first time i hesitated for about 10seconds!!!!!!!!!! ARHHHHHHHHHH
now cant get in till 26th of JANUARY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
At least you wont get roped into driving over the party season
Unregistered:P
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Pencil Queen)
At least you wont get roped into driving over the party season
That is the good thing about not having a car and a lisence.

I passed and now EVERYONE wants a lift when we are going places! If its a party u cant drink cos people want a lift home with you...when if they didnt Id probably not take the car anyways!
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (291)
34.2%
No (560)
65.8%

Watched Threads