The Student Room Group

AQA PHYA2 - How do I get better?

I feel like I have a pretty decent understanding of Unit 2 but I just seem to struggle a lot in the past papers. Will practicing them over and over help me understand them?

What advice do you have? Should I go over the mark schemes? Any and all advice is appreciated.
For the short questions like definition and basic questions which are always the same then learn the mark scheme... i'll give an example. If the question is about suvat for example and it mentions how the actual range is less then the theoretical range it will always be air resistance or friction between the rocket and lauch or something.... there are always the same answers which u can just manipulate to each question.... However, the bigger 6 markers like mgh lose = Ke gained questions (they are easy common ones) remember the masses cancel, hence why mass has no effect on time of flight and change in energy. any question to do with formulas u will want to state and rearrange them. and elate ones together for example "F=ma = F=(mv-mu)/t" that's why force can be said "as change in momentum over time". These will help you understand the homogeneity of the equations and make you application to the whole concept much more clear.

If you need help on any question just ask i'm sure i can help.

Quick Reply

Latest