Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

AQA AS Level French Unit 1 - 21st May 2015 (AM) Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NatBrownBac)
    is this change in AQA? the layout
    My teacher just said 'awarding bodies' but I assume AQA is included. I wouldn't worry too much as I doubt the changes would be drastic, there might just be a little difference in difficulty of the exam this year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Claros)
    My teacher just said 'awarding bodies' but I assume AQA is included. I wouldn't worry too much as I doubt the changes would be drastic, there might just be a little difference in difficulty of the exam this year.
    Wouldn't they have said something on the AQA website if the exam will be slightly different?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Claros)
    ah glad! what are your essay predictions?

ReputationRep:
    Please can I know the final essay predictions and also any tips for the listening and grammar secrions? Also what particular grammar should I focus on cause the time is VERY limited now. Thaaanks!

ReputationRep:
    my essay predictions- sport music family
    (Original post by katebeckett)
    Please can I know the final essay predictions and also any tips for the listening and grammar secrions? Also what particular grammar should I focus on cause the time is VERY limited now. Thaaanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ItsIzzy)
    Wouldn't they have said something on the AQA website if the exam will be slightly different?
    Like I said, I doubt there are any drastic changes to the layout of the exam itself but this is information that my teacher received and has passed onto me.

She said that there may be fewer questions overall in the listening and reading sections but they will be designed to be more difficult in order to get a better spread of marks, however the grade boundaries will be adjusted accordingly.

Who knows, maybe the exam will feel the same? This is just what my teacher has passed onto me.

(Original post by NatBrownBac)
    ah glad! what are your essay predictions?
    I'm honestly not sure, I'm actually at A2 (just resitting) so haven't really been paying much attention to what sort of topics would come up this year for the essay. I assume something on popular culture will appear as that topic did not appear last year.

EDIT: I'm getting off now so sorry if anyone posts any further questions as I won't see them until the morning.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know where I can find those cloze exercises, like the grammar question in every paper (out of 10 marks)?

ReputationRep:
    Good luck everybody!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Bonne chance tout le monde... Casser un jambe! :colone:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nijuuninichi)
    Bonne chance tout le monde... Casser un jambe! :colone:
    Because you can get 4% special consideration for a recently broken limb right?

ReputationRep:
    The june 2014 was really hard. apparently theyre making it harder...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by naxiv)
    The june 2014 was really hard. apparently theyre making it harder...
    Even harder??????

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lamatata)
    Even harder??????
    did you try the 2014 paper? how did you find it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by naxiv)
    did you try the 2014 paper? how did you find it?
    I got a B when I did it last year. About half my class is resitting!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by boods8897)
    I got a B when I did it last year. About half my class is resitting!
    i
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    Good luck. Were you getting As in previous past papers?

ReputationRep:
    Good Luck everyone!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by naxiv)
    Good luck. Were you getting As in previous past papers?
    My grades were quite variable last year-anything from D to A really!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    How was it for everyone? I didn't find it incredibly easy...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    i thought it was relatively hard, I don't think I ever did the 2014 one though, so don't know how it compares to last year

ReputationRep:
    Me and my friend have done all the past papers since 2010 and we have concluded that it was defiantly the hardest paper yet.

I am thinking for an A it will be 80 maybe less comparing to previous years.

That question before the grammar section though ..... So hard

Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.