Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    I loved that the gap fills this year for the reading question were adjectives- I think AQA have learnt their lesson after using all infinitives last year!

ReputationRep:
    Definitely lost a few marks on the 14 mark question.

ReputationRep:
    I don't remember the mobile phones question very well! I only remember these:

The kids already know the dangers of mobile phones.

Phones give parents confidence. (Maybe???)

Does anyone else remember the other statements from this question? (You can say the original French ones as well)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nijuuninichi)
    I think it was that they give kids a chance to contact their parents in an emergency?

Then they had one which was "they'd benefit from doing this again in the future", another one was that a day without phones is unbearable ("insupportable")

ReputationRep:
    I don't remember the mobile phones question very well! I only remember these:

The kids already know the dangers of mobile phones.

Does anyone else remember the other statements from this question? (You can say the original French ones as well)
    I think that students supported the initiative

Life without a phone would be bad or something like that

The initiative should happen again

Phones are good for staying in contact with parents

Some people wouldn't follow the rules

That's all I can remember right now.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone remember their answers for the holidays / advice to young people section? I had no clue!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sally.7)
    Does anyone remember their answers for the holidays / advice to young people section? I had no clue!
    I just remember not using the bottom three boxes, which seemed strange, so I may have got them wrong.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by student0042)
    I just remember not using the bottom three boxes, which seemed strange, so I may have got them wrong.
    I don't even remember what the last 3 boxes were! do you remember the general gist of your sentences - even in English - that would help jog my memory at all?

ReputationRep:
    The first one was like "The last thing parents want are to be taken to court!"

"Make sure your plans are realistic financially speaking"

"Promise them that you'll remain contactable for the whole duration of the trip"

Don't remember any of the others, sorry.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UnBalanced)
    woo

What did you guys get for the reading question about the festival? I found that I had way more F than V so I'm wondering if I might have got bits wrong
    Yeah, me too! I think I only had 2 Vs and one them I wasn't even sure of XD

ReputationRep:
    I don't even remember what the last 3 boxes were! do you remember the general gist of your sentences - even in English - that would help jog my memory at all?
    Pas de suprises. Parents don't like it when they have to ... speak with there children and their friends ?
    Promises to parents that ... they will be contactable
    Parents want to feel included.
    Don't let a parent know 2 days before you go because ... I forgot.
    something something... d'être pris ...

I can't remember a lot, I know I got GA for the last two. (Or that's what I recall getting.)

ReputationRep:
    The first one was like "The last thing parents want are to be taken to court!"

"Make sure your plans are realistic financially speaking"

"Promise them that you'll remain contactable for the whole duration of the trip"

Don't remember any of the others, sorry.
    I think I got these! Thank you!
    There were some others like it is not necessary to tell them you're going in two days or something? Any ideas what you put for that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by student0042)
    Pas de suprises. Parents don't like it when they have to ... speak with there children and their friends ?
    Promises to parents that ... they will be contactable
    Parents want to feel included.
    Don't let a parent know 2 days before you go because ... I forgot.
    something something... d'être pris ...

I can't remember a lot, I know I got GA for the last two. (Or that's what I recall getting.)
    Thank you so much! This is really helpful!

ReputationRep:
    I think I got these! Thank you!
    There were some others like it is not necessary to tell them you're going in two days or something? Any ideas what you put for that?
    Yeah, I think I put "You shouldn't tell them you're going on holiday only two days before so they have time to reflect" or something along those lines.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I think I put "You shouldn't tell them you're going on holiday only two days before so they have time to reflect" or something along those lines.
    Sounds like you did really well!!

ReputationRep:
    How about the online freindships? Anyone remember any answers?

ReputationRep:
    C'etait merde

ReputationRep:
    There was another one that was "parents prefer if you're going with friends that they know because they trust them" or something like that, right?

ReputationRep:
    How about the online freindships? Anyone remember any answers?
    I think 40% of people have said they prefer their friends on the internet over friends in the real world

For psychologists this statistic is worrying

Something something

I'm just glad they used adjectives this time and not infinitives

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UnBalanced)
    There was another one that was "parents prefer if you're going with friends that they know because they trust them" or something like that, right?
    Yeah I got that too

Poll
Would you rather

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.