The Student Room Group

AQA AS Level French Unit 1 - 21st May 2015 (AM)

Scroll to see replies

You know for the parent one, about how there's nothing worse than... What did you guys put? That was the only one I struggled with out of the whole paper. I ended up putting "than you giving them advice." I'm not even sure though :/
Original post by student0042
I but police drama or something.

Yep, that's the one.
Original post by andyt345
Can't remember the options tbh, do you?

No, I don't remember any of them. I don't see why the giving them time to reflect ending would be wrong, though.

Original post by MrMusicLTD
For the film ones, I put love, comedy, cartoon, historical and I can't remember the last one :/ They're not in order by the way, but I know for definite that the first one was love.

I put romance, cartoon, comedy, historical and police drama. I'm really not sure if my last answer is correct though.
Original post by UnBalanced
Yeah. I think they were:
1) She was treated like an animal (that's what I'm hearing the answer was anyway)
2) She had to act out getting angry
3) She had to sing a song
4) She had to act out falling in love

Edit: Yeah Sara is right there was definitely something about stereotypes in there. I'm probably confusing two different parts of the question.

Is it ok if you uses ''you'' I said: ''you have to act out angry'' ect since it seemed the appropriate thing to do
Original post by Toby912
Is it ok if you uses ''you'' I said: ''you have to act out angry'' ect since it seemed the appropriate thing to do

Yeah, that should be cool because I think she was saying "vous" throughout. So technically that's probably better than saying "she"!
Original post by MrMusicLTD
You know for the parent one, about how there's nothing worse than... What did you guys put? That was the only one I struggled with out of the whole paper. I ended up putting "than you giving them advice." I'm not even sure though :/

I put "than being taken to court". I don't remember seeing the answer "than you giving them advice", I don't think I put that for any of my answers in that question. :s-smilie:
Original post by Toby912

Yeah, because the question did say what might you be required to do. It wasn't necessarily referring to her because she spoke after that bit.
(edited 8 years ago)
do you guys know how much the speaking grade can bring up your grade for the written, say for example if i got a F in written and B in speaking?
I put the same answers as you guys for the films question, but rather than police drama I put épouvante (which I've now realised was totally wrong cause it meant horror haha)

Police drama is probably right because it was about kids on the streets being killed or something, wasn't it?
Original post by Nijuuninichi
I put "than being taken to court". I don't remember seeing the answer "than you giving them advice", I don't think I put that for any of my answers in that question. :s-smilie:

I can't for the life of me recall seeing court anywhere :O
Reply 370
Original post by student0042
I but police drama or something.

Was one of the options a war film? I can't remember, if it wasn't then I put the same as you
oh yeah and i put favourite colour for the telephone conversation :s-smilie: thats not right is it?
Original post by Nijuuninichi

There was def something about 'conseil' but I'm pretty sure it was them giving you advice so it wasn't the answer for that question (didn't fit in with the verb etc).
Original post by Shayminfan191
oh yeah and i put favourite colour for the telephone conversation :s-smilie: thats not right is it?

Pretty sure they wouldn't ask you what your favourite colour was if you were interviewing for an acting role :wink:
Original post by andyt345
Was one of the options a war film? I can't remember, if it wasn't then I put the same as you

Yep, that was one of the options.

Original post by Shayminfan191

I don't think it's right, no.
Thing is, I seem to have got what everyone else has got for that particular exercise, but it's just the parent one where I put something different.
Yeah, that should be cool because I think she was saying "vous" throughout. So technically that's probably better than saying "she"!

Ok cheers!!
Pretty sure they wouldn't ask you what your favourite colour was if you were interviewing for an acting role :wink:

exactly what i thought, but if you had to sing a song then why not :'(
i asked other people that did it and they said they put that too.
lol i dont even know this is so stupid
There was def something about 'conseil' but I'm pretty sure it was them giving you advice so it wasn't the answer for that question (didn't fit in with the verb etc).

No, I remember it said leur donnes des conseils - you give them advice. But to be honest, I don't think it really makes sense haha.
I'm worried about my answers for the film listening question now.

Did you guys have B as dessin animé and C as comédique? Or the other way round?

Quick Reply

Latest