Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    I'm worried about my answers for the film listening question now.

Did you guys have B as dessin animé and C as comédique? Or the other way round?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shayminfan191)
    exactly what i thought, but if you had to sing a song then why not :'(
    i asked other people that did it and they said they put that too.
    lol i dont even know this is so stupid
    I think it said en colère, which sounds like colour, but I put get angry (which is still a silly answer).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nijuuninichi)

I got it that way round. Love, cartoon, funny, historical, police.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by student0042)
    I think it said en colère, which sounds like colour, but I put get angry (which is still a silly answer).
    No, what you put is the right answer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nijuuninichi)

I think dessin animé came first. Something about pointy ears and mice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by student0042)
    I got it that way round. Love, cartoon, funny, historical, police.
    (Original post by UnBalanced)
    I think dessin animé came first. Something about pointy ears and mice.
    Phew! That's great!

Yeah, the plot for the cartoon was really weird.

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Nijuuninichi;56069671]Yep, that was one of the options.
    Damn I put that instead of history.

ReputationRep:
    Well that was a bloody joke!! Essay was good but everything else was awful lmao... I guess the grade boundaries will be slightly lower but I don't think they like to change them too much. Looks like I'll be resitting next year!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UnBalanced)
    Oh really? I'm carrying it on for A2, that sounds pretty interesting. So are you taking both the AS and A2 exams in quick succession?
    I was just taking this as a resit- I got a very high B last year (one UMS from A) and since I need an A overall to get into my top choice university, my teacher advised that I resit this exam.

ReputationRep:
    The bit about 'd'être pris de court' is idiomatic French for 'taken by surprise' not 'taken to court' (prendre quelqu'un de court), so it went with 'for parents, there's nothing worse than ...' ☺️

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pembo101)
    The bit about 'd'être pris de court' is idiomatic French for 'taken by surprise' not 'taken to court' (prendre quelqu'un de court), so it went with 'for parents, there's nothing worse than ...' ☺️
    That's also what I put

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pembo101)
    Wow, I was lucky that both meanings made sense in context. :rolleyes: At least I know what it means for the future now, thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UnBalanced;[url="tel:56069561")
    56069561[/url]]I put the same answers as you guys for the films question, but rather than police drama I put épouvante (which I've now realised was totally wrong cause it meant horror haha)

Police drama is probably right because it was about kids on the streets being killed or something, wasn't it?
    I put espionage as it was about a hidden operation???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laurenamyclifton)
    I put espionage as it was about a hidden operation???
    I don't remember espionage being an option?

ReputationRep:
    Looking at the GCSE specification, it turns out we should have know the "common abbreviation" of SDF.

ReputationRep:
    Who else resat it? I thought it was quite good, but that was in comparison to A2 papers

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I re-sat the AS exam today expecting it to be easy but it was harder than I thought! Reading through this thread is worrying me haha.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paigeloc)
    I re-sat the AS exam today expecting it to be easy but it was harder than I thought! Reading through this thread is worrying me haha.
    Don't worry too much, my teacher said that it was designed to be harder this year and so she thinks that the grade boundaries will be lower.

ReputationRep:
    I wasn't sure whether to put espionage or police because it said something about l'ordre public but it also mentioned that they were hiding!

What did people get for that one?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrMusicLTD)
    No, I remember it said leur donnes des conseils - you give them advice. But to be honest, I don't think it really makes sense haha.
    It was just generally advice for telling parents you're going out/making plans

Poll
How are you feeling about your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.