ReputationRep:
    Reckon i got
    19/5/5/3 ~ 31/35 for writing
    27/40 for writing
    20/35 for speaking
    78/110

Will probable get a B , its sooo S HI T

ReputationRep:
    I did the publicité essay, which went mostly well except that I got a bit carried away with the first part of the essay, so when it came onto the negatives of advertising part i didn't go into as much detail as i would have liked. Would these points be ok:
    - Advertising creates a false sense of need/materialism
    - Adverts are lying and manipulative- often disappointed with the final product
    - A vague point about adverts being omnipresent, 'invading our public and private spaces'?

ReputationRep:
    Oh and btw it was permis :
    It's 'permettre à qqn de faire qqch', so the 'me' in the sentence was an indirect object pronoun, which isn't followed by an agreement.
    Tbf though I didn't go through this thought process in the exam- just completely ignored the pronoun and got lucky!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PrincessHarriet)
    To people who re-sat their french AS today,

Please could you tell me what grade you got last year in it and what marks you got for speaking and the paper? Thanks

I got 108/140 which is 83/110 marks.
    Speaking was 47/60 which was 42/60 marks.

All in all I found today's paper easy as I'm a second year, but looking at the questions I can sympathise with AS students. There were a lot more written answers rather than check box ones this year. That said, I am always caught out by at least one of the V/F/ND questions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adstratt)
    I got 108/140 which is 83/110 marks.
    Speaking was 47/60 which was 42/60 marks.

All in all I found today's paper easy as I'm a second year, but looking at the questions I can sympathise with AS students. There were a lot more written answers rather than check box ones this year. That said, I am always caught out by at least one of the V/F/ND questions.
    Last year, did you thought you did better than you got on the writing abd speaking?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sunsri101)
    I did the publicité essay, which went mostly well except that I got a bit carried away with the first part of the essay, so when it came onto the negatives of advertising part i didn't go into as much detail as i would have liked. Would these points be ok:
    - Advertising creates a false sense of need/materialism
    - Adverts are lying and manipulative- often disappointed with the final product
    - A vague point about adverts being omnipresent, 'invading our public and private spaces'?
    I did that essay too, and wrote about the first two points you mentioned too. Sounds decent!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saraaa_d)
    I did that essay too, and wrote about the first two points you mentioned too. Sounds decent!
    hi i did the advertising question also, but on the second part of the question instead i talked about the positives. On how it was a positive influence . Is that Okay

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saraaa_d)
    Cheers! What other points did you talk about for the negatives?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by naxiv)
    Last year, did you thought you did better than you got on the writing abd speaking?
    If you mean just the writing (essay), I'm not sure what I got on that part and can't remember if I found it ok either.
    Speaking, absolutely. I remember not having hesitated much at all and still getting 1 off an A from the external examiner that came in, whereas Spanish was a total cockup I remember and I got 1 UMS lower than French (marked by the teacher).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by STACEY48)
    hi i did the advertising question also, but on the second part of the question instead i talked about the positives. On how it was a positive influence . Is that Okay
    I think that should be fine, it just asked for your opinion on whether advertising played a positive or negative role. So you could give a one-sided argument if you argued strongly

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adstratt)
    If you mean just the writing (essay), I'm not sure what I got on that part and can't remember if I found it ok either.
    Speaking, absolutely. I remember not having hesitated much at all and still getting 1 off an A from the external examiner that came in, whereas Spanish was a total cockup I remember and I got 1 UMS lower than French (marked by the teacher).
    Sorry i meant the whole of Unit 1? Did you thought you got better than what you got at the time?

I did body modification! Feel like there's only two of us!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by naxiv)
    Sorry i meant the whole of Unit 1? Did you thought you got better than what you got at the time?
    Unit 1 overall, yes I did think I was going to do better - especially considering I got 100/110 marks in the Spanish. Whether it was my essay last year I don't know... Spanish has always been my better language though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by student9977)
    I did body modification! Feel like there's only two of us!!
    I know! I thought it was quite a good essay!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by STACEY48)
    That's fine! Because it did ask you whether it has a 'positive' or a 'negative' influence, as long as you argued why it has more of a positive influence, that's fine

(Original post by learner248)
    I know! I thought it was quite a good essay!
    What points did you say?
    I said
    -people are image obsessed
    -they're influenced by celeb culture/new technology
    -it is easy way to feel beautiful if u have money

Pos:better relationship with image
    Can make friends/fit in eg piercings-gothic look

Neg: could regret
    Obsession with body image can cause anorexia etc.

Wanted to say more but didn't have time! Do you think I'll
    Be okay on content?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PrincessHarriet)
    To people who re-sat their french AS today,

Please could you tell me what grade you got last year in it and what marks you got for speaking and the paper? Thanks
    B overall last year. Speaking was 2UMS off an A, paper was 6 UMS off an A. Don't know what marks they are

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by student9977)
    What points did you say?
    I said
    -people are image obsessed
    -they're influenced by celeb culture/new technology
    -it is easy way to feel beautiful if u have money

Pos:better relationship with image
    Can make friends/fit in eg piercings-gothic look

Neg: could regret
    Obsession with body image can cause anorexia etc.

Wanted to say more but didn't have time! Do you think I'll
    Be okay on content?
    Yeah put all that! I talked about defining yourself, peer pressure and drunken mistakes on holiday etc, but thoight it was good

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sunsri101)
    Cheers! What other points did you talk about for the negatives?
    1. How it impacts young people in particular, e.g. they follow celebrity cult, so girls for example. are made to believe that they're supposed to look a certain way etc

2. Waste of money - advertising results in the belief amongst us that we HAVE to buy something, so essentially, we're wasting money, could create a succession of problems

3. Misrepresentation of things - e.g. using images from religion to promote advertising, which is belittling, diminished value of product, creates discomfort.

(Original post by learner248)
    Yeah put all that! I talked about defining yourself, peer pressure and drunken mistakes on holiday etc, but thoight it was good
    Cool! Glad I wasn't making crap up pretty sure you'll do well with essay! Wasn't the rest of the paper so gross?

Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.