The Student Room Group

AQA AS Level French Unit 1 - 21st May 2015 (AM)

Scroll to see replies

for sport i talked about
advantages:
keeping fit to avoid illnesses, and obesity.
combat stress
having a hobby
future career such as wayne rooney XD

then for making children do more exercise,
i said that its hard for them because they are distracted by our society of new technologies and stuff.
so we should create new sports that are fun, instead of sticking to old and classic sports that seem boring.
and i also said there should be more pe lessons in school instead of how it is now, which is 1 hour a week.

-then the time ran out :frown:-

do you guys think this is enough?
i didnt know what to say to be honest.
Original post by paigeloc
I'm really worried about the A2 exam to be honest because from all the past papers I've done I got pretty average marks it's really frustrating. I'm feeling quite positive about the essay though but I don't want to be too cocky haha. What about you?

Me too :s-smilie: I'm so worried, I'm hoping the essay will be okay, what have you done for the topics, we've done a book and a film.
Original post by Shayminfan191
for sport i talked about
advantages:
combat stress
having a hobby

i said that its hard for them because they are distracted by our society of new technologies and stuff.
so we should create new sports that are fun, instead of sticking to old and classic sports that seem boring.
and i also said there should be more pe lessons in school instead of how it is now, which is 1 hour a week.

Did you do anything about why young people don't so sport? That was included in the question.
I did:
Advantages -
- aids psychological wellbeing
- helps keep in good health
Why young people don't do exercise-
- too much emphasis on school work so not enough time
- rise in electronic items means they'd rather play on a tablet or sth
To encourage them -
- parents/teachers teach them the benefits of sport
- big sporting events like Olympics which bring people together.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by boods8897
Did you do anything about why young people don't so sport? That was included in the question.
I did:
Advantages -
To encourage them -

Posted from TSR Mobile

shizzzzzzzzzzz.....
did it?
i thought it just asked how can we encourage them to do more sport. i didnt see why they dont do it. pretty sure there was only 2 questions.
i briefly did talk about how its technologies fault, that might be an anwser then
Original post by sunsri101
Wow! These are great! Did you have time to talk about advertising techniques and positives in as much detail though?

Yeah, wrote about 5 techniques in detail. My essay was super long! I had an hour to write it which was sufficient for me
for sport i talked about
advantages:
combat stress
having a hobby

I think that should be fine. Perhaps you could have said something about competitive spirit/teamwork for the first part, but they don't expect you to have every single possible point! Overall, you've made enough solid points
I did:
Advantages -
To encourage them -

Posted from TSR Mobile

I did
1.Keeps fit/healthy both physically and mentally
Team camaraderie, good feeling when you win
2. New technologies distract us. There are better things to do
This is a sedentary world at the moment. It's easier not to do sport
3.More PE lessons
As prime minister, I would introduce more awareness campaigns (using si clause)
Parents should encourage their children to do sport
oh and for the essay I did the sport one, I did paragraphs on
why they don't do it
-they don't like playing it because they're busy with technology
-they don't want to play sport because it's regarded as violent in the media
advantages
-it helps the to become more sociable
-improves their health (which i conflicted with the fact if you stop doing it later in life, it makes you worse than if you never did it!)
and to encourage them
-hold extra curricular classes in school
-stop them from using technology

then i did some poxy intro and conclusion with some basic vocab that might pick my grade up, I already know I'm a little screwed as I did a completely screw up and did the wrong conjugation of fait for 'ils' all the way through! :frown:
About how many points do you need to do for a top-band content mark? If it is a three-part essay, then is three solid points for each bit (so nine developed points in total) enough?
Original post by student9977
Cool! Glad I wasn't making crap up :smile: pretty sure you'll do well with essay! Wasn't the rest of the paper so gross?

It was alright, It was certainly a bit more difficult than other papers. Sure I've lost loads of silly marks on the grammar section though
Original post by student0042
I did
1.Keeps fit/healthy both physically and mentally
Team camaraderie, good feeling when you win
2. New technologies distract us. There are better things to do
This is a sedentary world at the moment. It's easier not to do sport
3.More PE lessons
As prime minister, I would introduce more awareness campaigns (using si clause)
Parents should encourage their children to do sport

so it actually asked why we don't do sport? oh god.
i have failed.
think my brain just ignored that from the stupid reading and listening questions D;
I did the advertising essay. I did techniques:
- les spots
-la musique
-les ritournelles publicitaires
-les affiches
-l'erotisme (ahem nicole scherzinger ahem)

Then advantages-
-si on se permet d'etre pousse a acheter, on contribuera a l'economie ce qui beneficiera soi et sa famille a l'avenir
- les campagnes de sante protegent le public
- les organisations caritatives nous tiennent au courant (le progres de SIDA, ce qui se passe) et ca rend le public plus genereux ce qui est admirable

Then disadvantages-
- il existe une risque d'esposition a un ouvrage inapproprie
- ca encourage le conflit entre des adultes et leurs enfants
- ca promouvoit une societe de consommation- un embarras du choix alors on se sent accable
-solliciter les gens a se precipiter vers les magasins pour acheter des produits meme s'ils n'en ont vraiment pas besoin (integrated within techniques section though)

Conclusion- toutes choses considerees, on peut deduire que les publicitaires se servent des methodes extremement efficaces pour repandre un message, vendres des produits (+something else i cant remember) pourtant en fin, something something something la pub mente et est insidieuse.
so it actually asked why we don't do sport? oh god.
i have failed.
think my brain just ignored that from the stupid reading and listening questions D;

It was sorta built in to the first question. Sounds like you might have incorporated it a little in some of your paragraphs on how to encourage them, so could still get the content marks :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
how much do you think we had to develop each point to get decent content marks?
It was sorta built in to the first question. Sounds like you might have incorporated it a little in some of your paragraphs on how to encourage them, so could still get the content marks :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

aw alright thank you, yeah i talked about the advantages, and briefly about why the children dont like exercise, but not much it was just 2 lines or something because i thought that im changing the essay to what i wanted to talk about XD so i stopped and finished off my saying how to encourage the children.
Am I the only one who found the reading/listening quite difficult? :/ Everyone in my class was saying they thought it was OK, but I found it quite difficult to understand in parts. =(
Original post by izziewizz
Am I the only one who found the reading/listening quite difficult? :/ Everyone in my class was saying they thought it was OK, but I found it quite difficult to understand in parts. =(

yeah it was really hard! you must have a class full of native speakers xD and the recordings were so short they only spoke like 3 words, was quite annoying and all the recordings were separate so it was annoying.
yeah it was really hard! you must have a class full of native speakers xD and the recordings were so short they only spoke like 3 words, was quite annoying and all the recordings were separate so it was annoying.

Oh thank goodness!! XD And to be fair, there are a few people who are insanely good at French in my class. :P Good to know I wasn't the only one who found it hard!!

Ours were all separate also, but on ours we could press play all and then the tracks would play continously.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ours were all separate also, but on ours we could press play all and then the tracks would play continously.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ours played all, but when you wanted to go back you had to look through them all and it was just wasting time that we didnt have. everyones mouses kept annoying me though, like eveyrone was clicking every second and i was like aaa cant concentrate, people spent like the whole 2 hours clicking XD.
i did half of listening then got angry, moved on to reading then got even more mad then decided i will not walk out, i will try

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending