Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

AQA AS Level French Unit 1 - 21st May 2015 (AM) Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SCAR H)
    How did you do so well on the speaking?
    I really don't know, I hardly prepared for it too. To be fair, the examiner was sent from heaven, she was really helpful. She contributed tot he conversation, provoked you to use complex French. The most helpful thing was that she didn't linger too long on a topic, which is good for me as I can only quickly think of 2 or 3 ideas before I start struggling.

ReputationRep:
    I was really disappointed with my mark but not sure if I should request a remark as I am close to the lower ums grade boundary and could get marked down. would it be easier to just resit french at A2?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by butcher98)
    I was really disappointed with my mark but not sure if I should request a remark as I am close to the lower ums grade boundary and could get marked down. would it be easier to just resit french at A2?
    Post your UMS for Unit 1 and Unit 2 and i'll advise

ReputationRep:
    oral 42 UMS
    Unit 1 93 UMS
    so 135/200 which got me a C

ReputationRep:
    oral 42 UMS
    Unit 1 93 UMS
    Youre 5 marks off a B. Speakings cannot really be remarked. I wouldnt remark since it isnt likely to up from 93 to 98 since everything apart from the essay has a definitive answer.

ReputationRep:
    Youre 5 marks off a B. Speakings cannot really be remarked. I wouldnt remark since it isnt likely to up from 93 to 98 since everything apart from the essay has a definitive answer.
    Thank you! its all very confusing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lamatata)
    4 ums off a B :mad:
    50/60 speaking
    86/140 written paper
    Hey guys, I'm just 4 ums off a B, should I get a remark on unit 1?

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, I'm just 4 ums off a B, should I get a remark on unit 1?
    I'd say go for it!
    I'm in a similar position, but I know if I don't get it remarked I may regret it in the future.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by strawbs1234)
    I'd say go for it!
    I'm in a similar position, but I know if I don't get it remarked I may regret it in the future.
    Did you get a B or C?

ReputationRep:
    Speakings cannot really be remarked.
    Hi, I saw you guys are stressing about AS remarks and basically last year my school sent off speakings to be remarked and they basically went up from a B to an A, so it is worth sending speakings if you think they're wrong,
    It's A2 I'm having the problem with this year - had to retake last year's AS French and got an A overall at A2 thanks to it, but now I need a remark for Spanish. Languages marking annoys the heck out of me.

ReputationRep:
    Did you get a B or C?
    I got a C, and 2 ums off a B

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by strawbs1234)
    I got a C, and 2 ums off a B
    I just sent the email to appeal !
    What about you ? You should definitely get a remark

ReputationRep:
    I just sent the email to appeal !
    What about you ? You should definitely get a remark
    I think I have to wait for school to start again so I can ask for a remark!
    Never knew you could do it through email though! Hope your grade goes up! Let me know how it goes☺️☺️

ReputationRep:
    My UMS FOR THE FRENCH Edexcel AS paper is 87.How much is the raw mark ?

ReputationRep:
    oral: 48/60
    reading/writing/listening: 109/140

gave me a high B, 3 ums (2 raw marks) off an A...

is it worth remarking?

ReputationRep:
    Speakings cannot really be remarked.
    I don't think this is the case actually.

http://www.aqa.org.uk/exams-administ...-about-results

At the bottom of the page, it says: "You can also request any of these services for MFL speaking tests."

oral 42 UMS
    Unit 1 93 UMS
    I would still consider remarking. Have you seen the grade boundaries/UMS converter? You're actually only 3/4 raw marks away from a B (depending on whether you get them from the written exam or the oral). This could be achieved, but it really depends on the essay. Your teacher should be able to see the marks you got for each question, so it might be worth finding out the mark of your essay to see if it's close to what you were expecting/had been achieving. As SCAR H mentions, this is the only mark that will have a realistic chance of changing.

How did the exam go compared to mocks and past papers and is your mark consistent with this?
    Has your teacher said anything - maybe you got feedback on your oral, were you expecting a low B?
    Remarks are expensive so you want to have at least a reasonable chance of getting a grade change if you go for it. Finding out your individual question scores should help determine if this is the case.

Next year, you'll probably find the AS exam much easier so it may be best just to resit anyway. Are you applying to uni this year? If not, there's probably not much point in remarking.

Sorry for all the questions, don't feel you need to respond to them - just designed to help you think about things to determine whether it's worth it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jaseho98)
    oral: 48/60
    reading/writing/listening: 109/140

gave me a high B, 3 ums (2 raw marks) off an A...

is it worth remarking?
    Try and find out the mark of your essay - last year my teacher had access to this. I wouldn't bother with the oral probably so the essay is your best bet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DodoManiac)
    Try and find out the mark of your essay - last year my teacher had access to this. I wouldn't bother with the oral probably so the essay is your best bet.
    What did you get mate? I got 148/200, feel like s.hh.i.t

ReputationRep:
    What did you get mate? I got 148/200, feel like s.hh.i.t
    I didn't actually sit this exam. I posted because I was bored and procrastinating... I've just finished A Levels, and did A Level French, but with OCR and German with AQA - so I'm familiar with the exam. Last year in German I got 25/35 in the essay (my whole class had surprisingly low scores) but didn't bother remarking as I scraped an A. This year did a bit better but considering remarking for an A*.

148 isn't bad but I can imagine that must be frustrating if you're aiming for an A/A*. One of my classmates in German got a similar mark to you last year, but resat and did VERY well to get an A overall. What are you thinking of doing uni-wise? Getting a B in French probably won't matter much.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DodoManiac)
    I didn't actually sit this exam. I posted because I was bored and procrastinating... I've just finished A Levels, and did A Level French, but with OCR and German with AQA - so I'm familiar with the exam. Last year in German I got 25/35 in the essay (my whole class had surprisingly low scores) but didn't bother remarking as I scraped an A. This year did a bit better but considering remarking for an A*.

148 isn't bad but I can imagine that must be frustrating if you're aiming for an A/A*. One of my classmates in German got a similar mark to you last year, but resat and did VERY well to get an A overall. What are you thinking of doing uni-wise? Getting a B in French probably won't matter much.
    Hey, I got 27/35 for the essay... :/

Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.