Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

AQA AS Level French Unit 1 - 21st May 2015 (AM) Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lucyx)
    If it were advantages and disadvantages of music (or something like that), what would be disadvantages? Can only think of aggressive rap music leading to violence in society...
    Could mention Classical Music being seen as elitist and only for the wealthy / upper class which could increase social divides, and also Pop Music videos are a bad influence and give an overtly sexual image of how females are meant to act (e.g. if a small child starts imitating Miley Cyrus twerking, or they see the pop stars who are scantily clad). Behaviour of fans could be something else - 1D fans who send people who don't like 1D death threats / the #cut4Zayn

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone!

I'm not feeling at all prepared; left all my summaries way too late and just don't feel like I'm going to get the grades I need for the universities I want to go to

The table showing which questions have come up is really useful - I think I need to get revising music and publicity in particular

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lucyx)
    If it were advantages and disadvantages of music (or something like that), what would be disadvantages? Can only think of aggressive rap music leading to violence in society...
    This is exactly what came up on the music stimulate card this year, i picked it and it was good!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lucyx)
    Yay, dual linguist buddies! I thought it was okay - I did Werbung, but you're right, it was hard to think of original points.
    Do you prefer French or Germ? Are you gonna continue with both next year?
    Yay!!! There aren't many of us dual linguists at A-level!!
    I thought it was okay too, I liked the gapfill on music as it was my nominated topic for the speaking exam so I had an idea what the answers were, and the grammar section was nice as well

I definitely prefer French, it's always been my favourite but with German it's so much more logical, especially when they combine nouns together etc! The grammar's not always so easy though

Yep, I'm continuing both next year along with English Lit, (provided I've done okay!) and I'm dropping Art, I can't take the workload and languages are what I'd like to pursue! What about you? Which is your favourite and are you keeping both next year?

ReputationRep:
    1) A question on eating disorders/body image may come up for Healthy Living (Fashion/Trends)
    2) A question on music and the place of music in young people's lives/changing music trends
    3) A simple question on advantages/disadvantages of advertising
    4) A question on cohabitation or marriage

Highly doubt that the following will come up:
    Cinema/Film
    Television
    Friendship
    Health and wellbeing
    New technology
    Holidays

I think that the best ways to revise for essay writing is by having a solid writing template that can cater to all topics! I made one that includes an intro/ topic sentence starters/ ways of introducing evidence and examples/ and a conclusion. It's a very good way of revising! Learn this off by heart and a few topic specific vocab.

ReputationRep:
    Might not really be asking advantages/disadvantages as that's slightly too hard. Maybe be a question on the influence of music on young peoples lives? Or even if its important in today's society?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ikraan)
    1) A question on eating disorders/body image may come up for Healthy Living (Fashion/Trends)
    2) A question on music and the place of music in young people's lives/changing music trends
    3) A simple question on advantages/disadvantages of advertising
    4) A question on cohabitation or marriage

Highly doubt that the following will come up:
    Cinema/Film
    Television
    Friendship
    Health and wellbeing
    New technology
    Holidays

I think that the best ways to revise for essay writing is by having a solid writing template that can cater to all topics! I made one that includes an intro/ topic sentence starters/ ways of introducing evidence and examples/ and a conclusion. It's a very good way of revising! Learn this off by heart and a few topic specific vocab.
    Do you think sport might come up? It hasn't since 2009

ReputationRep:
    Honestly I think the most likely is advertising, music, marriage/cohabitation
    Or
    Sports/eating disorders, fashion/ family

Popular culture im like 90% certain will come as it hasn't last year so thats music or fashion.
    :dontknow:
    Good luck :top:

ReputationRep:
    I'm convinced music and adverts are going to come up, so I will be revising hard on these 2 topics.
    For adverts, it'll just be the pros and cons of adverts
    But for music, it could be anything, like Is music appreciated by all people in different age group
    I think it'd be hard to revise music on writing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lamatata)
    I'm convinced music and adverts are going to come up, so I will be revising hard on these 2 topics.
    For adverts, it'll just be the pros and cons of adverts
    But for music, it could be anything, like Is music appreciated by all people in different age group
    I think it'd be hard to revise music on writing.
    Why do you think adverts? It's already come up but Internet for example hasn't come up since 2009

ReputationRep:
    Hey, on the aqa website you cant get any past papers older than 2012. Anybody know how to get the ms of them and the listening files. Cheers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lafleur96)
    Why do you think adverts? It's already come up but Internet for example hasn't come up since 2009
    But mobile phones which is new technology came up last year so highly doubt Internet would come up

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ronniem2202)
    My teacher predicted that either family, holidays, music or publicity might come up
    family only came up last year, it probably won't be that again! My guess is music, internet/communication technology and sport/healthy lifestyle

ReputationRep:
    advertising came up in Jan. 2012, it could easily come up again though, it's been a while!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RickyWilko)
    family only came up last year, it probably won't be that again! My guess is music, internet/communication technology and sport/healthy lifestyle
    Many people are saying Internet is unlikely because portables came up last year

ReputationRep:
    No

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RickyWilko)
    Family didn't come up last year. It was friendship, mobile phones, drinking.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by La_magicienne)
    Yay!!! There aren't many of us dual linguists at A-level!!
    I thought it was okay too, I liked the gapfill on music as it was my nominated topic for the speaking exam so I had an idea what the answers were, and the grammar section was nice as well

I definitely prefer French, it's always been my favourite but with German it's so much more logical, especially when they combine nouns together etc! The grammar's not always so easy though

Yep, I'm continuing both next year along with English Lit, (provided I've done okay!) and I'm dropping Art, I can't take the workload and languages are what I'd like to pursue! What about you? Which is your favourite and are you keeping both next year?
    I like them both - prefer writing French because the grammar comes more naturally to me, but find putting on a French accent hard (especially the Rs...)
    Not sure if I'll do both next year as I'd probably be by myself for both of them and, being quite chatty and loud, I don't think I'd handle that!
    Do you want to do something to do with languages at uni?

ReputationRep:
    I've decided to just wing the essay - spent all afternoon trying to work up the motivation for a practice essay and I've wrote about 2 paragraphs -- though I've enjoyed the course all year this is the hardest subject to revise for imo

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Is drugs likely?

Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.