Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

AQA AS Level French Unit 1 - 21st May 2015 (AM) Watch

ReputationRep:
    Who do you guys know the breakdown of the exam marks?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lamatata)
    Who do you guys know the breakdown of the exam marks?
    *How

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jaseho98)
    Hey, I got 27/35 for the essay... :/
    What were you getting in practice essays/mocks and how did that essay feel compared to them?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lamatata)
    *How
    Your teacher should be able to find them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DodoManiac)
    I didn't actually sit this exam. I posted because I was bored and procrastinating... I've just finished A Levels, and did A Level French, but with OCR and German with AQA - so I'm familiar with the exam. Last year in German I got 25/35 in the essay (my whole class had surprisingly low scores) but didn't bother remarking as I scraped an A. This year did a bit better but considering remarking for an A*.

148 isn't bad but I can imagine that must be frustrating if you're aiming for an A/A*. One of my classmates in German got a similar mark to you last year, but resat and did VERY well to get an A overall. What are you thinking of doing uni-wise? Getting a B in French probably won't matter much.
    Aiming for A*. Im resitting Unit 1. Do you think my teacher can predict me A* from my position?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SCAR H)
    Aiming for A*. Im resitting Unit 1. Do you think my teacher can predict me A* from my position?
    I think that's unlikely to be honest. I've heard that teachers often refuse to predict A*s unless you get 90%+ at AS so I wouldn't get your hopes up. Predicted grades aren't massively important though, particularly around A/A*. Obviously it's nice to have high predictions but no one else is really going to care if you're predicted A or A*. Also, with a B at AS, an A prediction would look aspirational whereas an A* might seem farfetched. Just concentrate on smashing it this year!

ReputationRep:
    What were you getting in practice essays/mocks and how did that essay feel compared to them?
    mock essays I've been getting 30 of above, never 27!

I requested the poet back and realised that they didn't tick my introduction or conclusion, so that might explain something? idk :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I think that's unlikely to be honest. I've heard that teachers often refuse to predict A*s unless you get 90%+ at AS so I wouldn't get your hopes up. Predicted grades aren't massively important though, particularly around A/A*. Obviously it's nice to have high predictions but no one else is really going to care if you're predicted A or A*. Also, with a B at AS, an A prediction would look aspirational whereas an A* might seem farfetched. Just concentrate on smashing it this year!
    What about A?

ReputationRep:

I requested the poet back and realised that they didn't tick my introduction or conclusion, so that might explain something? idk :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Did you get photocopy or original?

How long did it take to arrive?

ReputationRep:
    Did you get photocopy or original?

How long did it take to arrive?
    Hey! It took 1.5 weeks to arrive!

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Providing you got a photocopy (not the original script) it's probably worth it. It's a lot of money to risk losing though so make sure you're ok with that possibility.

ReputationRep:
    What about A?
    If you're teacher knows you under performed and you show them you're willing to to work hard, I think an A is reasonable. Just talk to them and see what they say.

ReputationRep:
    Hi I'm retaking AS French in the hope to get a high A/A* in th retake paper to boost my grade to help me achieve my A for a level overall. Just wanted to ask anyone who has been getting consistent A's in their AS essays on the structure of the essay and how to revise/prepare for them as this is my weak point. I've been looking at examiners reports and all of the High A grades have so much content in them I don't think I'd be able to do that in the time given. Also does anybody have access to last years paper and the essay questions and the listening file? Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    And also what's the best way to revise for French for A2? How likely is it to get an A because in my AS for my oral I got 58/60 UMS but for my paper I got 76/110 raw marks.. I think it was 1 mark off a B which was quite shocking as I'd been getting Sound A's in the papers that I practiced. Please can someone offer advice for both A2 oral and paper preparation to get an A? Thanks!!

ReputationRep:
    did anyone sit the A2 exam?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I did! How did you find it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by izziewizz)
    Yeah, I did! How did you find it?
    I hated it I found it much harder than the past papers, don't know if I'll even get a B, let alone an A how was it for you?

ReputationRep:
    I thought it was nice, but im only aiming for a C tbf, essay was the best one I've ever seen! some dodgy stuff on it though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexmaude)
    I thought it was nice, but im only aiming for a C tbf, essay was the best one I've ever seen! some dodgy stuff on it though

The fact you aimed for a C explains why you found it nice

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone who sat this paper achieve a grade that was 1ums off their desired grade, which went up after remarking?

Poll
How are you feeling about your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.