Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Guys what would the cons of music be?? I can't think of any! Would we even get a question asking for that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tagliatilly)
    "Donnez votre opinion sur l’importance de la musique dans la vie des jeunes."
    1. It helps you to destress after a long day at school/relax before exams
    2. It can make you happy when you're sad/something bad has happened
    3. It's a way of showing your mood/personality
    4. It helps you make friends if you share a common interest
    5. You can introduce/share music with your friends so it's social
    6. Music concerts/festivals are social - you go with a group of friends and you can make new friends there

Hope this helps!!

Does anyone know of any other questions we could get for the music topic? Or would it pretty much just be this one?
    hahah you're brilliant, thank you! xxx

ReputationRep:
    "Donnez votre opinion sur l’importance de la musique dans la vie des jeunes."
    1. It helps you to destress after a long day at school/relax before exams
    2. It can make you happy when you're sad/something bad has happened
    3. It's a way of showing your mood/personality
    4. It helps you make friends if you share a common interest
    5. You can introduce/share music with your friends so it's social
    6. Music concerts/festivals are social - you go with a group of friends and you can make new friends there

Hope this helps!!

Does anyone know of any other questions we could get for the music topic? Or would it pretty much just be this one?
    There's always a possibility of a question about the role of musicians nowadays or plain advantages and disadvantages of music

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KatieTyrrell)
    hahah you're brilliant, thank you! xxx
    No problem at all! Happy to give help to anyone! (And happy to receive help from anyone...!)

ReputationRep:
    Guys what would the cons of music be?? I can't think of any! Would we even get a question asking for that?
    Swear words, degrading lyrics (blurred lines), inappropriate music videos, loud music in headphones/live that can cause hearing problems.

Those are mine...but they're pretty difficult to talk about

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cfbillingham)
    Swear words, degrading lyrics (blurred lines), inappropriate music videos, loud music in headphones/live that can cause hearing problems.

Those are mine...but they're pretty difficult to talk about
    Thank you!! I'm hoping we won't get asked about disadvantages tbh... it's definitely a lot easier to talk about advantages.

ReputationRep:
    does anyone have any links to grammar games or something to prepare for the gap fill?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by butcher98)
    does anyone have any links to grammar games or something to prepare for the gap fill?
    You could try this, it takes forever because it's really long but I've done it all and my grammar is waaaay better now
    Attached Files
  1. File Type: docx AS_GRAMMAR_REVISION_SHEETS.docx (55.7 KB, 293 views)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alicecaitlin)
    You could try this, it takes forever because it's really long but I've done it all and my grammar is waaaay better now

Do you have the answers to this?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KatieTyrrell)
    thank you! xxx
    Can I add some more if you want?

- Advertising sometimes targets vulnerable groups e.g children(fast food)/ poor people (wonga.com, etc)
    - Causes people to consume things that sometimes they don't need -> leads to increase in production -> pollution

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by contradicta)
    Do you have the answers to this?
    Oh yeah, here they are - you can check most of them yourself on wordreference as well
    Attached Files
  2. File Type: docx Grammar practice.docx (47.6 KB, 263 views)

ReputationRep:
    Oh yeah, here they are - you can check most of them yourself on wordreference as well
    Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    thank you!

ReputationRep:
    Is there any reason why fashion wouldn't come up?

ReputationRep:
    Just realised I've invested over 100hours into preparing for the writing section... it will be pretty crushing if I can't write a good essay tomorrow !

ReputationRep:
    How many positive and negative points do we need for the essay ? My teacher recommended 8... But other languages only need to write 4 points

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dee_98)
    How many positive and negative points do we need for the essay ? My teacher recommended 8... But other languages only need to write 4 points
    8?!!?!

Intro - 4 well developed points/paragraphs - conclusion

Should be fine

ReputationRep:
    I know the minimum is 400 words for the essays but I was interested to hear how many words/sides you all normally write?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dee_98)
    If its a comparative essay I do:
    Intro + 2 paragraphs in depth of positives + 2 paragraphs in depth of negatives + a conclusion,
    .That usually has gotten me around 30 marks and fits into 50 mins (and then 10 mins checking)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cfbillingham)
    Is there any reason why fashion wouldn't come up?
    No that's actually a good point, fashion hasn't be an over used topic in previous years so may come up tomorrow.

Poll
How are you feeling about your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.