Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    hi guys could some quickly help with this?!
    Name:  Screen Shot 2015-05-11 at 22.08.03.png
Views: 244
Size:  11.5 KB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gandanmo2)
    Oooh, gosh, what a tiny picture :giggle:

How far have you got? What have you tried so far?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gandanmo2)
    Name:  Screen Shot 2015-05-11 at 22.08.03.png
Views: 244
Size:  11.5 KB
    You can do this in a number of ways but I would start by writing the numerator and denominator into the polar form equivalents ( e^itheta) and apply demoivres theorem to the top and bottom and simplify. Dividing two complex numbers so you take away the arguments and divide the moduli

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to have a go at this question real quick, just say if you would like my solution, I might get it wrong though

ReputationRep:
    I got an answer:
    z = (6i - 8)/25 and z=(10/25)e^(2.5i), does anyone else have any solutions to this? I am curious now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AndyW123)
    I got an answer:
    z = (6i - 8)/25 and z=(10/25)e^(2.5i), does anyone else have any solutions to this? I am curious now
    Yes, that is correct...except the part in bold (not sure what you did there).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a10)
    Yes, that is correct...except the part in bold (not sure what you did there).
    ahh i see! thanks exam in an hour eek

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 12, 2015
Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.