Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

Film, TV and digital productions/Film Studies. Help needed :( Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi all, fairly new to tsr so i'll try my best to not sound a newbie (makes sense i know).

I have applied to Regent's University London, University of the West of England, Bristol, Royal Holloway, University of London, Brunel University London, and finally Bath Spa University.

I have been rejected from Bath Spa and Brunel today based under not having the requirements for the course - (Currently working full time so I already have my a levels). This has really made me feel awful - 2 rejections in one day

I received 2 D's, and Welsh Bac (which is considered as an A grade to where i've applied), and finally an E at AS. I realise these are pretty bad results, however I was going through a rough period at the time so i'm pretty proud i managed to get just that - call me silly but i am haha.

Overall my question is, from a professional perspective, do you think I will receive at least one offer? My personal statement has been highly praised, and is also being used as example material for the current year 13.
    I do not meet the minimum requirements for any of where i've applied - I have 260 UCAS points where as my firm - UWE, is 280. But i've heard they can be linient? Thanks for reading lol

ReputationRep:
    Im not sure about the other university but with regards to Brunel I study there now and was also originally rejected based on the fact that i didn't have requirements, however when i phoned them again they said they had spaces left so they offered me one, so maybe wait some time and they might let you in? its unlikely courses will be filled up Also don't feel bad! Rejection unfortunately happens and I'm sure it will work out for you, stay positive

ReputationRep:
    Thank you ever so much for your reply, you've made me feel loads better already haha. I was rejected today, should I give them a call tomorrow asking to have another look into my application?

ReputationRep:
    Haha no worries! I know what it feels like. I would wait a few weeks, maybe a month, I think i must have rang them back in July which is when they took me, most universities lower their requirements as it gets closer to September.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Hi There,
    If you anything like a portfolio, such as films you've made, scripts written etc. then try calling Regent's. You can talk to the course leaders there and they will be able to offer you a realistic assessment. Good luck!

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply
Updated: August 6, 2015
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
How are you feeling about your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.