Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

FP1 edexcel specification query Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lizard54142)
    Same, aiming for that 100, although M2 is the one module you can make so many silly mistakes on.
    Yeah, I need it to make sure A* in FM is going to happen. So that my offer is A*A*A + 2 in STEP not A*AA + 1 in STEP, I can manage a 2 in STEP, but a 1, ugh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jai Sandhu)
    Yeah, I need it to make sure A* in FM is going to happen. So that my offer is A*A*A + 2 in STEP not A*AA + 1 in STEP, I can manage a 2 in STEP, but a 1, ugh
    Exactly the same here; Warwick Maths I take?

ReputationRep:
    Exactly the same here; Warwick Maths I take?
    Yup, back up is Bath, A*AA

ReputationRep:
    I've never seen a question like this, and it's from an IAL exam. The FP1 IAL exams have a slightly different specification to the normal A Level. While it's solvable with C1/2 knowledge, I doubt you can be tested on it in normal FP1.

(Original post by Elcor)
    I've never seen a question like this, and it's from an IAL exam. The FP1 IAL exams have a slightly different specification to the normal A Level. While it's solvable with C1/2 knowledge, I doubt you can be tested on it in normal FP1.
    I don't see why it couldn't come up? Only thing that's different about the syllabuses is those roots of equations stuff?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jai Sandhu)
    Yup, back up is Bath, A*AA
    Insurance is Nottingham: AAA/A*AB for me.

ReputationRep:
    Insurance is Nottingham: AAA/A*AB for me.
    Nice, I was having trouble deciding between Bristol and Bath as a back up but I prefer the look of bath plus it was the better uni.

Poll
How are you feeling about your A-level results?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

Maths

Maths Forum posting guidelines

Not sure where to post? Read the updated guidelines here

Equations

How to use LaTex

Writing equations the easy way

Student revising

Study habits of A* students

Top tips from students who have already aced their exams

Study Planner

Create your own Study Planner

Never miss a deadline again

Polling station sign

Thinking about a maths degree?

Chat with other maths applicants

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.