Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm stuck on whether I should resit my Biology GCSE. I sat my Biology exam in Summer 2014 in year 10. I got a B and decided not to resit, as i was content with the B at the time. I am now in year 11 and quite a few students in my year are resitting the Biology exam tomorrow. I really want to go into medicine, specifically neurology. It hit me that I may not be able to get into the uni i would like to with a Low B in Biology GCSE, so i really want to resit the exam, because I know that i can do so much better. Is there any chance for me to be able to resit Biology GCSE in November or in the summer holidays. I don't want to resit the exam with the college I am going to attend the coming year, because they only offer 3 A-Levels if you are resitting a GCSE with them.

ReputationRep:
    Pretty sure you could reenter privately through your old school. You would have to ask them but they would probably ask you to pay the exam entry free (which vary so you would have to check the exam website). I don't think you can do exams in November or January anymore, just June.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you so much! I guess I will just be doing it alongside my AS year

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 15, 2015

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.