Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    I've received an offer from both Westminster and Manchester Met/Manchester school of art for Fashion Design . Westminster has an amazing reputation , connections ... but im not sure if Manchester Met is more arty ?

ReputationRep:
    Did you do an art foundation before? so interested in the westminster course but says that they don't accept from A-levels which really sucks. MMU is currently my number one by far, incredible course.

ReputationRep:
    Yea I did a foundation before! I would recommend doing one! It's a massive eye opener! And the really competitive Uni's for fashion like CSM , westminster etc don't even look at your work without one! I was a bit disheartened at first having to do a foundation whilst all my friends went to unis outside London! But yea it all worked out in the end , I go to Westminster now and it was a good call! Graduates seem to always get amazing opportunities when they graduate from here too! Plus the course is tough and i think a foundation prepares you more , than alevels do! Where would you do a foundation if you did one?

ReputationRep:
    The only problem is i really just want to get to uni haha! I would do an art foundation over at Oxford Brookes, but obviously because its close to mine it'd just feel like another year of school - which really sucks. I've never really wanted to apply for CSM, as its the MA course that it's known for. Westminster looks really good & i visited Kingston today but was really disappointed - all they talked about was where their students where from. Didn't mention once what you did on the course! Where also so rude & up themselves, just thought it was such a nasty environment really! Course looked really good though and the live briefs look really beneficial!

ReputationRep:
    For me doing a foundation was the best decision, opens your eyes a lot! I enjoyed it! Go for Manchester then maybe if your not wanting to do one? Just I don't think westminster will even ask for an efolio of you if you haven't don't ed or foundation! Because they want students to have done, full time art and designs, whilst with a levels you do academic stuff alongside! Plus having london on your doorstep is a plus but manchesters cool city! You could also do a foundation at Manchester school of art! Also be wary when applying for mmu! There's two fashion schools! The art school fashion course which has a better reputation than the fashion design with technology course! When I applied from alevels there, I got on straight from personal statement and that's not always a good thing- they might do it differently now ! You want unis to see your work and what your about!

Poll
How are you feeling about your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.