Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

Anyone here good at using Excel? Check out my calibration curve on excel! Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys,

I have made a calibration curve on excel, then used the function "=TREND(B2:B6,A2:A6,B8)" to automatically calculate the concentrations for me from previously determined absorbances.

However just to test them out, I added in the absorbances from the first 3 in my calibration curve, expecting to get the exact same concentrations, but they are slightly out, anyone know why this is?

I hope this makes sense, all help is very much appreciated.

Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    If you were to plot your data on a chart, then add a line-of-best-fit, then the points do not fall exactly on the line (R2 = 0.9995, which is pretty good).

Using the TREND command is essentially doing the same thing.

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    Ok thanks, first time I've ever done one on excel, so wanted to make sure it was right before I started plugging in new absorbances.

Poll
How are you feeling about your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.