Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

Does the best unit count in resits towards the overall grade? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

When resitting, I know that the best grade counts, but what about on a unit-level basis? For example, last year I got a B in Geography AS with a C in Unit 1 and a B in Unit 2 making the mark. If I were to, lets say, get a B in Unit 1 and a C in Unit 2 this year, would my grades be BC/CB or BB?

Regards
    Luke

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LukePilot152)
    Hi,

When resitting, I know that the best grade counts, but what about on a unit-level basis? For example, last year I got a B in Geography AS with a C in Unit 1 and a B in Unit 2 making the mark. If I were to, lets say, get a B in Unit 1 and a C in Unit 2 this year, would my grades be BC/CB or BB?

Regards
    Luke
    The best unit result result is used.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gdunne42)
    The best unit result result is used.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks a bunch mate - I was wondering, reason being that last year (in English actually) I got a C for the creating texts and a B for the exam, to get an overall B. I've already got an A this year for creating texts, but my English teacher suggested I didn't go to the exam lessons, and just sat the exam as a formality - so even if I did nothing and got a U in the exam part, the overall would be AB for either an A or a B overall grade.

Poll
How are you feeling about your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.