Turn on thread page Beta

What are the people like who use Tinder? watch

ReputationRep:
    I've never used it but the so-called promise of limitless guilt free encounters with beautiful women is tempting... but what is the reality?

What kind of people actually use it?

Like if you go out on the town you can choose which people you want to be around, the "chavvy" people might go to the big commercial nightclub, the indie people to wherever indie people go, the "emos" (if they still exist) to their emo clubs.

So what is tinder like? Would it be like an emo walking into a chav nightclub?

I can't exactly see the Chelsea set using tinder along with their butlers. Will there be loads of supermodels and cheerleaders on there? It seems unlikely.

That gives me an idea for an app where everyone is graded by class and wealth when they sign up.

Or due to the location nature of it, I guess if you live in a rich neighbourhood you would have a different experience of using it than if you lived in say hull.

People say it works very well. But why do I suspect it's a lot of facially challenged people hooking up with other facially challenged people? And because it's all done online they can get laid with someone not good looking but not have to worry about the shame of actually dating them.

So I would want proof that there are good looking people on it. But how to test? Well maybe make a fake facebook account... but then if everyone did this, how many fake people must be on there?

Curiosity is going to kill this cat!

ReputationRep:
    you know you could have downloaded the app and made your account in half the time it took you to write this post.

and lol @ thinking you are going to get "encounters with beautiful women". if you are attractive then you can hook up with someone but its no different from going to a club or meeting someone at a party or whatever. if you're not particularly attractive then i suggest grindr lol lower standards for gays.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 12, 2015

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.