Join TSR now and chat with students like youSign up now

A level - power up thread Watch

ReputationRep:
    LAST MINUTE REVISION FOR ALL THOSE LAZY PEOPLE WHO COULDN'T BE BOTHERED TO STUDY during the year (like me).

HOW TO STUDY: 3 STEPS
    1) FAST READ REVISION MATERIAL
    2) REMEMBERING EVERYTHING: TO ALL THOSE WHO SAY THEY LEARN BY LISTENING AND READING I SAY CUT THE BS, get an empty refill pad, look cover write check all the main paragraphs and points that need to be remembered from every spread.
    3) BANG OUT EVERY PAST PAPER YOU CAN GET YOUR HANDS ON.
    THIS PROCESS TAKES ABOUT 3 DAYS MAXIMUM PER UNIT

keeping concentration and motivation:
    1) energy drinks lots of food and water
    2) don't let the vast amount of information deter you, most of the information in revision guide is BS, and just power through each spread, no time waste every hour is vital.

finding the right time to revise:

I would personally advise to power through the night till 6am non stop revision.

no need to thank me guys, feel free to ask any questions

and good luck

ReputationRep:
    And party and bull****

ReputationRep:
    stick to plan A no need for Plan B cah

role up 1 up!
    never gna wait till sun up!

ReputationRep:
    2 days before business studies as level exam p1 do I do the same thing T_T??? Kind of panicky now and I have sociology and business same day on the 18th how do I manage???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Khaadi)
    2 days before business studies as level exam p1 do I do the same thing T_T??? Kind of panicky now and I have sociology and business same day on the 18th how do I manage???
    just past papers for you now no point easting time on anything else where your dropping g marks in past papers re revise the spread in the revision guide

an A grade is still possible using this method

ReputationRep:
    When u feel tired

take energy drink
    listen to some good tunes

back to revision

ReputationRep:
    Stay motivated!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the kickstart. )

ReputationRep:
    Remember to sleep.Seriously.Sleep should not be sacrificed for revision.It'll feel like you're sacrificing valuable time that could be spent revising and cramming in to your brain but overall the outcome will be worse.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by economist2)
    Remember to sleep.Seriously.Sleep should not be sacrificed for revision.It'll feel like you're sacrificing valuable time that could be spent revising and cramming in to your brain but overall the outcome will be worse.
    6 hours of sleep is enough

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by katbob)
    6 hours of sleep is enough
    Personally I need 8+

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Keoje)
    Personally I need 8+
    me too, but sacrifices need to be made

Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.