Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

Feeling very sick about my exams Watch

ReputationRep:
    I have been up all night panicking over my exam which is today. I already suffer from anxiety - so I guess it's an added factor.

I have thrown up twice and had two panic attacks over the space of the night. I work VERY hard, but I am not sure if I can get into the exam, what are my options? Can I still go to college if I show them my other work? Or should I just wait 'till resits. Idk what to do.

ReputationRep:
    Omg I'm exactly the same. I've been unable to revise for the past week due to my mum having a heart attack and I tried to cram everything in today and I've thrown up already and feel light headed and nauseous. I'm just going to go in and tell my exam officer if I can have a sick bag on my desk and just hope for the best.

I know I'm not going to do well but there's always the option to retake the odd exam. Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    motivation is required

I didn't study all year, now just smashed out revision 12-14 hours daily for past 2 weeks, have a look at my a level power up thread for tips.

I test myself now and I'm getting A's in past papers, u might think u don't have much time, but all it requires is 3 days to get an A, TRUSS ME

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by katbob)
    motivation is required

I didn't study all year, now just smashed out revision 12-14 hours daily for past 2 weeks, have a look at my a level power up thread for tips.

I test myself now and I'm getting A's in past papers, u might think u don't have much time, but all it requires is 3 days to get an A, TRUSS ME
    My exams in 3 hours

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheGreatImposter)
    My exams in 3 hours

Posted from TSR Mobile
    like I said motivation is required:
    go through ur revision guide, find the big paragraphs that you need to learn and main points

look cover write check, in 3 hours u can learn a decent amount

don't lose hope my don

drink water wash ur face freshen up and bang it out G!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheGreatImposter)
    My exams in 3 hours

Posted from TSR Mobile
    before the exam drink 1 energy drink u will be ok

ReputationRep:
    thanks for the responses all, not going to do the exam today - putting my mental health first will probably do them in resit season.

ReputationRep:
    I did half of my exams last year and suffered from the very same problem, this year I feel a lot more relaxed about them, however still extremely nervous but this isn't necessarily a bad thing, having a few nerves helps to heighten your senses and make you perform to the best of your ability but having too much can also be a negative so just try to relax I know its hard but try to concentrate on your breathing. in the time before my exam I try to distract myself with something else as trying to revise in the short time before hand wont help, I can never learn anything in this time and I just stresses me out so try to think about something else maybe do some light exercise such as a jog or some yoga as this will not only help your ability to retain and recall information but will also help to release endorphins witch will help to keep you calm and feel relaxed as well as being able to clear your mind.
    I hope this helps and good luck, you seemed to of worked hard so I'm sure it will pay off in the end.

ReputationRep:
    I always find it sad when people suffer like this because of exams. I feel that I could tell you what people always say - stuff like "exams don't test you as a person, they test your memory" etc. etc. but I know how hard it is to listen to that as well, having been in your situation. Is it the content of the exam you're anxious about or sitting the exam itself? For me it was a mix of both, and it got so bad the school had to make special arrangements for me to have separate accommodation and extra time (I had panic attacks and absence seizures, which were brought on predominantly by stress.) Best of luck for when you sit them in the resit season - it's always important to put your health first

There's a breathing exercise I learned when I was waiting to sit my exams:
    - Breath in for 7 seconds through your nose, and exhale for 11 seconds out your mouth. Breathing out for longer helps you to relax. Be sure to think of a 'happy place' as it really helps. This could anywhere that brings you comfort, such as your bedroom, or a favourite holiday.

Music helped me a lot too. Perhaps find a song that relaxes you and if you wanted to, you could revise to it, and play the song in your head while taking the exam. I don't know how effective this would be be but it's worth a try!

Poll
How are you feeling about your A-level results?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.