Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    In my science coursework i got a D grade does this mean i cant get an A or a B overall And if i can do i need to be getting a*s onky in the exam

ReputationRep:
    if the teacher has given you a 'D' and in the exam you do exceptionally well, the exam board will have a look at your coursework and will see what they can do about it. they will reevaluate your results hopefully

ReputationRep:
    You can still get a B, maybe even an A if you work really hard. Is this GCSE?
    For my GCSE biology I got a D for the coursework but I managed to get a B overall.

ReputationRep:
    I have never taught a student who had the ability to only get a D on their coursework who could then go on to get close to 100% in exams. Typically, there is fairly good correlation between ability in coursework and exams.

If you can turn it on, I'd love to know your secret.

ReputationRep:
    I usually get A's or A*'s in exams and on my other coursework i have gotten a two A's ,gcse by the way, i was only given two days and recieved no help because i had missed a few days

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 13, 2015

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.