Join TSR now and chat with students like youSign up now

people that go into relationships are idiots? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ngb9320)
    To need someone else to make you feel good well that spells low self esteem.

I don't need anyone for my confidence and strong intellectual skills to prevail.

And that ie why I will be at the the top of the pack one day.
    You don't need someone else to be happy - it just makes you happier. You can't be as intelligent as you think if you don't understand this.

ReputationRep:
    You know the people that got emotionally attached to others 'we were pure made for each other' no you weren't you meet by chance that was all. You were not born so you could meet this person it was just chance and if you didn't meet them then you would be saying the exact same thing to someone else probably.

Also getting emotionally attach to someone is dangerous as all you doing Is putting your emotions in their hands and if they cheat and dump you then youwill be eemotionally rekt.

I am just glad am no stupid enough to fall for someone.
    Soz Ebenezer Scrooge.

ReputationRep:
    You sound like you're already "eemotionally rekt".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StarvingAutist)
    You don't need someone else! to be happy - it just makes you happier. You can't be as intelligent as you think if you don't understand this.
    Bs people go into a relationship to be happy and they get so emotionally attached that they can't live without the other person.

It Is a path of self destruction.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by felamaslen)
    You sound like you're already "eemotionally rekt".
    And how is that?

ReputationRep:
    Stop being an edgy moron. I'm not exactly one to get attached but there's nothing wrong with it. It's stupid if you get into relationship with a serial killer or abusive person but there's nothing wrong with getting into a relationship with someone when there's no reason to suspect foulplay. Nothing wrong with feelings if they don't interfere with your life in a negative way. Some relationships are beautiful.

ReputationRep:
    This is a bitter attitude to have. Falling for someone doesn't mean you're going to get hurt. And if you do, life's all about picking up the pieces and moving on. That's what makes people stronger and more self aware.

I couldn't imagine going through life saying to myself "I'm never going to let myself fall in love". How awful.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Protégé)
    Stop being an edgy moron. I'm not exactly one to get attached but there's nothing wrong with it. It's stupid if you get into relationship with a sehuhrial killer or abusive person but there's nothing wrong with getting into a relationship with someone when there's no reason to suspect foulplay. Nothing wrong with feelings if they don't interfere with your life in a negative way. Some relationships are beautiful.
    You are risking you emotions with a random person. Ouh and how do you know If the person you in w relationship with Is a sk or abusive- you won't until it's too late.

You might as well play russian roulette with a gun.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Carpe Vinum)
    This is a bitter attitude to have. Falling for someone doesn't mean you're going to get hurt. And if you do, life's all about picking up the pieces aDrnd moving on. That's what makes people stronger and more self aware.

I couldn't imagine going through life saying to myself "I'm never going to let myself fall in love". How awful.
    Its not bitter it is risk adverse. You are nother gambling with your own emotions.

ReputationRep:
    You are risking you emotions with a random person. Ouh and how do you know If the person you in w relationship with Is a sk or abusive- you won't until it's too late.

You might as well play russian roulette with a gun.
    Even if you do get hurt you just take it, that's how life is. I don't have any sympathy for people who give too much of themselves to a person too quickly but it's possible to be hurt when you do everything right.

Do you know that you could get run over, mugged or attacked outside? Why not just lock yourself up inside of your room? After all, there's a chance of getting hurt and you'd rather avoid that risk, right?

ReputationRep:
    Have you ever been in a relationship OP? Or have you always felt this way about them?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Protégé;55bio769447)
    Even if you do get hurt you just take it, that's how life is. I don't have any sympathy for people who give too much of themselves to a person too quickly but it's possible to be hurt when you do everything right.

Do you know that you could get run over, mugged or attacked outside? Why not just lock yourself up inside of your room? After all, there's a chance of getting hurt and you'd rather avoid that risk, right?
    That is completely different and you know it.

ReputationRep:
    And how is that?
    You dismiss one of the most important, satisfying and enjoyable things in human life as the activity of an idiot.

ReputationRep:
    I wonder what it actually feels like to be so attached to someone. I'm in a relationship but I don't feel this huge force of attraction to the point where I can't be happy without the other person. It may be because I was happy before getting into a relationship, so I don't depend on other people for my happiness. I do think it's irrational, and not very convenient, to depend on other people for your own happiness but at the same time, I don't think people who are in relationships where they love each other to bits are stupid. Not all relationships are like that. One day you may even fall for someone without realising it, most people don't choose to fall in love you know.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by I love shopping)
    Have you ever been in a relationship OP? Or have you always felt this way about them?
    I was once.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by felamaslen)
    You dismiss one of the most important, satisfying and enjoyable things in human life as the activity of an idiot.
    It is an activity of an idiot though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LauraMayden1)
    I wonder what it actually feels like to be so attached to someone. I'm in a relationship but I don't feel this huge force of attraction to the point where I can't be happy without the other person. It may be because I was happy before getting into a relationship, so I don't depend on other people for my happiness. I do think it's irrational, and not very convenient, to depend on other people for your own happiness but at the same time, I don't think people who are in relationships where they love each other to bits are stupid. Not all relationships are like that. One day you may even fall for someone without realising it, most people don't choose to fall in love you know.
    You'd have to have very few brain cells to teach that stage.

ReputationRep:
    You'd have to have very few brain cells to teach that stage.
    To reach what stage?

ReputationRep:
    It is an activity of an idiot though.
    You don't know what you're missing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LauraMayden1)
    To reach what stage?
    The stage if emotion.

Poll
How are you feeling about your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.