people that go into relationships are idiots? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by felamaslen)
    You don't know what you're missing.
    You are wasting your time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ngb9320)
    The stage if emotion.
    Well that's your opinion, but you have no right to call other people dumb and stupid based upon your own subjective view. If anything, your quick judgement on other people's intelligence suggests few brain cells.

ReputationRep:
    Reading that people who are in relationships are stupid is sad in all honesty.
    It takes tremendous effort, to wear your heart on your sleeve and create a special, a very very personal bond with someone, to let them become part of yourself and your soul.
    Falling in love and loving someone and being in a relationship and trying to create something beautiful which has a meaning for you both and is what connects you, takes guts and heart, a pure and generous heart. That's why sometimes some people can be afraid of relationships, because they're afraid of expressing themselves, of being open about how they feel, of being truly naked.
    It's a shame there is this notion that you are stupid (!!!) for what? For having feelings? Would it better if we were just cold and without feelings? It's a pity thinking about love like that.
    If a relationship is well structured and has strong roots it can make you a much greater person than you had ever thought you'd become, it inspires and motivates you to become a kinder human being, you want to make the other person happy and give them love and affection, to make them a part of your soul, to be for them the hug they've been missing all along.
    Not appreciating yourself and your partner and all the beauty and the irreplaceable moments between you is stupid.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LauraMayden1)
    Well that's your opinion, but you have no right to call other people dumb and stupid based upon your own subjective view. If anything, your quick judgement on other people's intelligence suggests few brain cells.
    That like saying you have no right to call the Nazis evil due to your subjective opinion.

Just think before you speak please.

ReputationRep:
    That like saying you have no right to call the Nazis evil due to your subjective opinion.

Just think before you speak please.
    How on earth....So loving someone and emotionally attaching yourself to them is the same as killing people? I think anyone with any decency or common sense would say that is an invalid comparison.

ReputationRep:
    How on earth....So loving someone and emotionally attaching yourself to them is the same as killing people? I think anyone with any decency or common sense would say that is an invalid comparison.
    You just said you have no right to say something if it is subjective. But now you are backtracking because it doesn't suit.

ReputationRep:
    You just said you have no right to say something if it is subjective. But now you are backtracking because it doesn't suit.
    You can say your subjective views, I never said you can't. What I said was that you can't mock and degrade people because of it. I say the Nazis are evil, but if someone doesn't agree (with valid reasons to back up their opinion) then I'm not going to go around calling them dumb, stupid etc It's their opinion, why should I criticise it?

ReputationRep:
    I could actually so easily get into a relationship.
    I have people throwing themselves at me everyday.
    But I choose not to because it stupid.
    Yeah, sure. You sound like someone who had one relationship, got dumped and now is a little bit sour about it. Cheer up bud, plenty of fish and all that

ReputationRep:
    You can say your subjective views, I never said you can't. What I said was that you can't mock and degrade people because of it. I say the Nazis are evil, but if someone doesn't agree (with valid reasons to back up their opinion) then I'm not going to go around calling them dumb, stupid etc It's their opinion, why should I criticise it?
    So you wouldn't argue with a Nazi supporter.

Wow do you have no shame?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ubystylos)
    Yeah, sure. You sound like someone who had one relationship, got dumped and now is a little bit sour about it. Cheer up bud, plenty of fish and all that
    No no that's not the case at all.

I am just using my brain.

ReputationRep:
    So you wouldn't argue with a Nazi supporter.

Wow do you have no shame?

I never said that, it depends on what points they have to back up their opinion. Baseless opinions are useless.

I'm not even going to debate with you any longer because your points are quite silly to be honest; they make no sense.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LauraMayden194429)
    I never said that, it depends on what points they have to back up their opinion. Baseless opinions are useless.

I'm not even going to debate with you any longer because your points are quite silly to be honest; they make no sense.
    So you would agree with Nazi supporters in some circumstances?

Really what have I said that's silly?

Can you not take being beat in an argument?

So you would agree witg

ReputationRep:
    I don't know but reading all this worries me, OP.

First of all, your confession that you don't feel any bonds whatsoever with your parents and family sounds very concerning. And generalising ALL that people in relationships are dumb - err, what about your mum or dad, without them you wouldn't even be here?? And this bragging that people "throw themselves" at you "everyday" seems all too proud.
    I'm sorry to say this, but you sound a lot like a sociopath...

I mean I'm not totally biased against you, because I loathe all those 'relationship goals' and 'cute cuddles' kind of stuff littering most social networks; I did also happen to have some kind of a past experience with this sort of thing - I didn't get to be in a relationship but fell very madly in love instead, and nearly failed my exams because my mind was elsewhere. So I can agree it can be damaging at times. But like, would you really bear to spend the rest of your life alone? Don't you ever get lonely? And I mean in like 15-20 years time, obviously not now when we're still young. I would hate to age alone, with no-one being able to back me up (partner/spouse), to help (grown-up kids which don't grow on trees).

P.S. But I might just be wasting my time in case you turn out to be a troll....

Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.